Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyppie
Paper Tape
Views: 422
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga 460 Left Side Touch Screen Not Working

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I posted in the correct forum and I'm new to this so bear with me. 

So I bought this laptop around 5 months ago and only about 1 month ago the left side of the touch screen is not working. It would register that something is touching the bottom left side because I have my visual feedback turned on and after a half a minute of that, you can see it go haywire and register nearly the entire 1/3 left side. After 30 seconds of it going haywire, it would stop. And then either the entire left side or just the bottom left side would completely not register any touches at all. This wouldn't happen all the time, just every other day and definitely enough to be extremely annoying. 

I bought my laptop in to get fixed for a completely unrelated problem because it's still under warranty and I told them about this issue but it doesn't seem like they fixed it and I'm thinking it's because it just didn't happen to happen to them when they had it. Also, I'm not sure if it's a software issue (since I don't think that's covered by warranty) or hardware.

I have Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit OS, pen and touch support with 10 points. 

Is there anyway that you guys can help me on this? It would be much appreciated. 

Highlighted
Guru
Views: 321
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 460 Left Side Touch Screen Not Working

Hi, welcome to the forum skyppie.

It looks to me that this is a hardware related issue. I think that the best thing for you to do is open a formal ticket with Lenovo.

Go to:  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus

Check the options to submit a maintenance tickts or check the contact phones to open one.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors