Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UltimosHomo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,284
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga 460 + M.2 SSD Transcend compatibility issue

My newly purchased laptop has issues with 3r party M.2 SSD, that I have installed additionally.

Symptoms: When just boot up, SSD is recognized by BIOS and OS, everything seem to work smoothly. But after 10~20 minutes of operation, SSD suddenly dissapears form the system. "Device manager" cannot find SSD, BIOS cannot detect it as well. Reboot does not help.

If computer go into sleep or complete shut down, I'm able to use SSD for another 10~20 minutes.

SSD model: Transcend 256GMTS400

My Machine: ThinkPad Yoga 460 (20EL0016RT), OS Win 10 Pro x64

All possible updates from Lenovo companion are applied, All possible Windows updates are applied.

BIOS version 1.4 (latest one from support page). SSD has latest availible firmware.

Transcend tecchnical support is not responsive, they just say this should be related to BIOS and not the problem of their SSD.

Please help! How to make this SSD work with my ThinkPad Yoga?

robmOz
SCSI Port
Views: 1,035
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga 460 + M.2 SSD Transcend compatibility issue

I'm disappointed you didn't get a reply to this as I am trying to decide which m.2 SSD to purchase. Did you resolve this issue?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,025
Message 3 of 4

I missed this item when it was first posted.  My GUESS is that the drive is not responding to a power-up command after it is shut down due to inactivity.  In the control panel under power options, look at the advanced settings for the power plan you are using.  There is a time-out option for the hard disk.  The SSD is not like a normal spinning hard drive that needs to be spun down.  I would change the time out period to a very large number and see if that helps. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
robmOz
SCSI Port
Views: 967
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for that. I ended up buying a MyDigitalSSD. Will see how it goes...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors