Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

10-01-2010

Nashville

15 Signins

52 Page Views

• Views: 52
  • Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad Yoga - Can't use "Duplicate" when connected to Projector

2014-11-07, 14:08 PM

When we try to connect a Yoga to a projector and want to select Duplicate in WIndows, it doesn't work.  The screen is blank.  However, we are able to select "Second Screen Only" and it works fine as a second screen on the projector.  Is there a simple fix for this?

On the W530/520 laptops, we had the same problem whenever someone wanted to do a presentation.  The only workaround was to go into the BIOS and select "discreet" as the graphics options.  This is a terrible workaround for many reasons.

- If someone was going to do a presentation in a few mins, it took a long time to restart, boot into BIOS, and restart again.

- You have to disable Bitlocker, before making the change in BIOS.  If you don't then they get stuck with the laptop asking them for the Bitlocker key and the support staff has to run upstairs and get the key while the presenter is waiting.

- Our users have dual monitors at thier desks.  So, when we made the change in the BIOS for the presentation on the projector, once completed, support has to make the change back in BIOS to the other graphics setting in order for thier monitors to appear correctly at the desk

So, if there is a better resolution to the Yoga's being able to show up in "Duplicate" mode I would appreciate any suggestions.

We are using the HDMI adapter to VGA.

Thanks.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms