US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga Data Recovery

2019-09-24, 23:33 PM

can you help me please.
i have a yoga thinkpad 2016 best buy is telling me M@ no moving parts cant be recovered data. i dont know who to believe machine wont go on. where can i get informed ? i believe its a PSU problem many have said their tools for recovery are basic. help

Moderator note: off-topic post moved to its own thread. Subject edited to match content. Was: Re: P51 SSD Firmware update killed drives

Options

2 Posts

09-24-2019

US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga Data Recovery

2019-09-24, 23:35 PM

could anyone help me please i feel helpless new to this world my lenovo yoga went out the other night spontaneously. no warning.

best buy is telling me that since my "M2has no moving parts" nothing can be recovered. I dont know what to believe since what is wrong with it likely did not wipe out the data i need data help who to believe other expensive alternatives say it may be possible

I need data should i send to lenovo? how could data be gone so fast

Options

7567 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76745 Signins

2144983 Page Views

• Views: 2144983
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga Data Recovery

2019-09-24, 23:51 PM

Hello and welcome,

You don't say which specific Yoga you have so I've moved your posts here for now.

More information would likely help others help you.  What happend exactly?  What does "went out" mean?  Sudden shutdown, no BIOS splash screen, no boot to Windows, an error message, ...

It's possible that you might be able to boot a Linux flash drive and extract your data, or perhaps put your drive in an external USB adapter, or perhaps some other options - but without something more to work with it's impossible to recommend anything specific.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save