Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robinhuett
Blue Screen Again
Views: 14,188
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga - Digitizer is not working

Hello,

I just received my new shiny TPY (again). The first time I got it, the digitizer wasn't working. After a bit of research I realized that it probably was a hardware issue (No digitizer, pen or wacom device in device-manager). So I send it back.

The mainboard got replaced and today I have my machine back. It was all working fine including the digitizer.

But from one minute to the other it stopped working and I can't find any wacom or digitizer devices in the device-manager.

Now my first thought was, that the Windows updates messed something up, so I've done a rollback but it's still not working.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a hardware issue again?

Thanks for advance.

Robinhuett

konvalid
Paper Tape
Views: 14,009
Message 2 of 4

Betreff: ThinkPad Yoga - Digitizer is not working

Hello. It isn't a Hardware Problem. It seems to be a software problem after Windows 8.1 Update.

I have the same problem :-( When I start the PC it works perfect, until I used it as Tablet. After that the Digitizer Pen didn't work. So I reinstalled all drivers. After that the pen worked.. so I tested it again as Tablet, after that. the Digitizer Pen didn't work. Now I installed all drivers again but the Pen didn't worked.

It is a big problem at Lenovo, because Lenovo has problems with the pen software a long time. It is soooo sad because I love the Thinkpad Yoga but with this Problem the price isn't acceptable. So I am going to send it back and wait for the Surface Pro 3. Because Thinkpad stands for the perfect Business Notebook and now... Lenovo has with the digitizer pen more problems than all others. And this is very sad :-(

Guru
Views: 13,995
Message 3 of 4

Make sure to check all your drivers are up to date:
http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?&DocID=DS038353

You can also use ThinkVantage System Update to check for newer drivers or BIOS.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

peri
Punch Card
Views: 5,255
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

My pen also have the same issue.  It will work but when I swtiched to tablet mode, it will ceased working (the pen).  I tried going to the support for the drivers and download the recomended drivers and still nothing works.  Smiley Sad

Thinkpad W500 4058 CTO/ 4gig ram/500 gig 7200 rpm/ windows 7 professional 64.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors