Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diane313
Fanfold Paper
Views: 391
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga - Keyboard partially working

Hello Everyone! I have scoured the chats and have not seen a resolution for a partially working keyboard. I have a 3-yr old Thinkpad Yoga (20CD00B1US) running windows 10 (Computer was installed with 8.1). The 10 install was done months ago. Yesterday, part of my keys (entire qwerty row, Shift keys, Enter Key, Ctrl keys, and the Tab key just to name a few) decided to stop working. Note that the online keyboard functions fine, hence why I can type this message. I am unable to go to Bios because all the keys needed are not functioning and I do not have access to an external keyboard. This is my only only computer in the home. I have tried the following: 1. Fn+k =lock screen to see if that was enabled. 2.Accessed my accessibily menu to see if the keyboard screen had unneccessary toggles. Nothing is toggled. 3. Downloaded Talent Driver to see if I had outdated drivers. I have 2. Intel HD Graphics Family in 20.19.15.4549; and, Touchpad Synaptics Pointing in 19.3.4.86, although I am not sure how these will help with the keyboard issue. Please note, I can not go into BIOS because the necessary keys are not functionin. With this information, can anyone discern if this is a software or hardware issue. This will let me know if I can fix myself or take it to a certified Lenovo repair place. Thanks from Minnesota!!
diane313
Fanfold Paper
Views: 387
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga - Keyboard partially working

Please note that the numbers following the recommended drivers are the drivers I meed to update to.

Highlighted
diane313
Fanfold Paper
Views: 373
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga - Keyboard partially working

Also, the lat updates in update historynfollow. Aug 9 2017- Windows Malicious Software RemovalTool. August 17,2017 Intel Graphocs Family update.  July 22,2017 Windows 10 update - version 1703.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors