Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kreide
SCSI Port
Views: 5,610
Message 1 of 91

ThinkPad Yoga + OneLink Pro = jumping cursor

I am having a problem with my ThinkPad Yoga in combination with OneLink Pro, closed lid, attached DVI monitor and a logitech mouse. The ThinkPad is running preinstalled Windows 8.1. I did recover it to factory state few times, that doesn't solve following problem:

If attached to the OneLink Pro, the cursor jumps from time to time to the bottom right corner of screen. While doing so it also making a click, so icons in taskbar are activated. That happens sporadically, but in overall like once per hour. It does not happen if I let the lid opened.

Swwils
Serial Port
Views: 5,550
Message 2 of 91

Re: ThinkPad Yoga + OneLink Pro = jumping cursor

I also have seen think pad yogas with one link docs do this.

More rubbish from lenovo.
kreide
SCSI Port
Views: 5,494
Message 3 of 91

Is this issue going to be reviewed by Lenovo at some point? I just can't work with the cursor jumping arround the screen.

fongandrew
What's DOS?
Views: 5,428
Message 4 of 91

Occasionally occurs without OneLink as well. I'm using trackpoint only, touchpad disabled.

Syntor
Paper Tape
Views: 5,038
Message 5 of 91

Re: STILL NOT FIXED!!!

I thought it was a Windows 8 issue so I blanked the harddrive and I loaded Windows 7 Pro and  the same sh!t happens.  Mouse jumps all over the place!!

I would never spend a nickle of my own $$$ with Lenovo after this.  Here it is Feburaury 2015 and there is still no fix!!!

Seems like Lenovo has had erratic mouse issues for years.

kreide
SCSI Port
Views: 5,030
Message 6 of 91

The operating system is not the one causing the problem indeed. I also had Ubuntu and Linux Mint installed on my Yoga. Same issue.

Tobias77
Paper Tape
Views: 4,978
Message 7 of 91

I think this is the same issue:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/S-Series-ThinkPads-ThinkPad-Yoga/ThinkPad-Yoga-cursor-moved-to-bottom-do...

and this as well

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/S-Series-ThinkPads-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-Yoga-trouble-with-cursor-jump...

Can we join these threads somehow?

Did somebody try if a repair (replacement of screen) works? Otherwise, I would send my Yoga to the service next week...

Guru
Views: 4,959
Message 8 of 91

Does it go away if you disable the touchscreen device?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Tobias77
Paper Tape
Views: 4,945
Message 9 of 91

I did not try. Did anyone?

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,601
Message 10 of 91

Yes, i disabled my touchcreen by unplugging the USB cable used by the monitor to enable touch function. With the USB disconnected the touch function is disabled.

The cursor jumping was unaffected.

The following actions I have taken and the results

1. Open the Yoga 12 to about 3". Cursor jumping occurs only occasionally and does not cause major issues
  2. Used cabinet bumpers (13mm) to keep closed screen a little further from the touchpad. Cursor jumping is greatly reduced but not eliminated. Jumping cursor still causes. Cursor jumps even when Yoga unattended and ThinkPad Bluetooth Mouse turned off.

Various suggestions for the problem have been suggested, such as the touchpad being touched by the screen. One solution was to place aluminum foil between the touchpad and screen. That solution, plus the redcued but not eliminated cursor jump by increasing slightly the distance from the screen to the touchpad suggets electrical interference between the screen and touchpad.

The number of users reporting this problem suggest it might be

1. Touchpad hardware problem
  2. Screen hardware problem (excessive electrical interference)
  3. Touchpad or ThinkPad Yoga 12 design defect
  4. Touchpad or ThinkiPad Yoga 12 manufacturing defect

Possible solutions

1. Fix the Touchpad
  2. Fix the Yoga 12
  3. Replace the Yoga 12 with touch screen  that won't work correctly connected to the Dock with a  ThinkPad with touchscreen that will work correctly connected to the Dock. This would limit the replacements to the X1 (14" but does support OneLink) or X250 (12.5" but requires replacing OneLink Dock by equivalent port replicator). If the ThinkPad Yoga 12 2nd gen doesn't have this problem, possibly upgrade the touchpad in the Yoga 12 1st gen with the 2nd gen touchpad, or replace the 1st gen Yoga 12 with a 2nd gen Yoga 12.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors