Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,628
Message 21 of 91

Re: STILL NOT FIXED!!!

I had this exact same problem and started experimenting with disabling certain devices in device manager to narrow down the problem since I was convinced this was a hardware problem. I found that if I disabled the digitizer and pen devices (not the touchscreen device) in device manager the problem went away. I convinced Lenovo this was the problem and had a tech come out and fix it by replacing the main board. It's fixed now. So, try disabling these two devices and if the problem goes away, your yoga needs hardware repair.
Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,568
Message 22 of 91

Sent my ThinkPad Yoga off for repair for this issue. It came back
better, but still has jumping cursor. I am trying to escalate the issue.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,565
Message 23 of 91

@Manotee wrote:
Sent my ThinkPad Yoga off for repair for this issue. It came back
better, but still has jumping cursor. I am trying to escalate the issue.

Thanks, I hope we can get some clarity on the issue. I haven't lost any unsaved documents yet, but I can see this hapenning in a particularly unlucky sequence of ghost taps. At which point I will be extremely annoyed. 

Former Administrator
Views: 1,548
Message 24 of 91

All,

There are a combination of issues / fixes for this.  Please ensure you have the latest BIOS and Synaptics driver from Lenovo installed.  We should have a tip on our support site with additional information on this in the near future.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the firmware update available for the oneline pro dock?

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd029981

Mark

cgarren
Paper Tape
Views: 1,541
Message 25 of 91

Can you please provide a list of issues/fixes here for us to test? This problem does not relate to the prolink dock as it occurs when off the dock as well. I've got roughly 30-40 lenovo yogas in our environment that all exibit this behavior. Not one acts properly.

1. closing the laptop lid and using external monitors causes eradic cursor movement and clicking

2. it appears that the cursor moves to the right-hand side of the screen and clicking at the same time (often opening the charms menu or opening the date/time on the taskbar

3. This problem occurs while using the onelink dock as well as other 'displaylink' branded docks. This also occurs when plugging up monitors directly to the laptop

4. tested all current bios and driver releases using the 'system update' software recommended by lenovo to no avail. prolink dock firmware is up to date as well as digitizer firmware.

5. if you leave the laptop lid open and disable the laptop lcd through 'windows+p', this problem doesn't occur.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,532
Message 26 of 91

@Mark_Lenovo wrote:

There are a combination of issues / fixes for this.  Please ensure you have the latest BIOS and Synaptics driver from Lenovo installed.  We should have a tip on our support site with additional information on this in the near future.

Out of curiosity, have you tried the firmware update available for the oneline pro dock? 

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd029981

In case cgarren's reply wasn't sufficient evidence, I just installed the linked onelink dock driver, and a few minutes later the OSK popped up spontaneously, indicating that a touch event was fired or that a mouse click occurred on the 'keyboard' button my taskbar. 

Could you tell us as of which Synaptics driver version and BIOS version this should be fixed? I'd rather not install unnecessary updates in case they break something else.

Edit: took the plunge anyway, drivers and BIOS up to date according to System Update. Cursor still jumps to the lower right. Just had the touch keyboard pop up again spontaneously with the TPY closed, and moving the mouse slightly the pointer reappeared near the area where the OSK button is located on my taskbar. Thankfully still no harm done, but unnerving nonetheless. 

By the way, this is going to look pretty embarrassing when I give a presentation, and a TPY ghost click advances the slides on its own. "Lenovo, for those who d'Oh!"

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,503
Message 27 of 91

For those of you having the cursor problem and reviewing posts from this discussion, have any of you tried twisting your Yoga into tablet configuration (360°) and continuing to run connected to the dock and using only external devices?

I have repeatedly run this way, with and without the dock, and not have the cursor problem. Running the Yoga in normal closed mode, with or without the dock, results in jumping cursor.

Al the posts I have read suggest the jumping cursor problem does not have a single fix point. My ThinkPad Yoga went to the depot a week ago and returned better, but still not fixed. Next suggestion is a OneLink Basic Dock firmware upgrade, and I will need to send my dock and Yoga in for the fix to be applied.

If others find the tablet configuration eliminates the cursor behavior, maybe Lenovo can better understand the problem.

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,425
Message 28 of 91

My ThinkPad Yoga and OneLink Dock arrived unexpectedly yesterday. As always, I did not receive a shipping notification from Lenovo that my expensive PC was on the way from product support. Since it was shipped without a signature required, if it had arrived as last time when I was on vacation, it could have stayed on my front porch until I returned or someone else picked it up.

Beside the shipment problem, I have two more important issues with this latest 'fix' through the Lenovo Escalation SWAT Team

• Not all the parts shipped were returned. I am missing a power adapter.
  • The ThinkPad Yoga jumping cursor issue is still not resolved. It happens less often, but has not been eliminated.

I  am disappointed, but not surprised. I hoped the issue would be resolved; but it seems the bug is congenital, deeply embedded and impossible to exterminate.

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,422
Message 29 of 91

I found the power adapter.
Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,393
Message 30 of 91

I retested the Yoga with and without the dock, and twisted into tablet configuration.

With and without the dock, the cursor still wanders around the screen, but is greatly reduced.

With the Yoga twisted to 360°, the wandering cursor seems to have stopped. I have not seen an occurrence in several days.

The firmware upgrade on the dock has caused an external monitor problem. When I leave the Yoga unattended, I set it to "show the desktop" so all active tasks are inactive. I use the TrackPoint on my ThinkPad Bluetooth keyboard to position the cursor to a spot on the wallpaper I can recognize. I turn off my mouse. I wake up the screen by pressing the <cntl> key. I have this key set to display the cursor location. I verify my cursor position and turn on my mouse. When I click the mouse, my monitor goes dark and displays the message

“The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920×1080@60hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications.”

This has happened with a USB wireless mouse connected through the dock, and a Bluetooth mouse talking to the Yoga.

Usually, all I have to do is press the F7 key 3 times and press <enter> to cause the monitor to activate. The last time this happened, I pressed F7 and neither screen display anything. I could not get either the Yoga screen or the monitor to display (my Yoga is twisted to tablet config, so the Yoga screen is readily visible). I unplugged my monitor HDMI cable in preparation to using another HDMI cable to connect directly to the Yoga. Immediately, the Yoga screen activated. I used a HDMI to HDMI mini cable to connect to the Yoga and my monitor activated. No need of the F7 key.

I discussed my issues with the escalation team. It is obvious to everyone there is no complete fix to the cursor problem, and the OneLink Basic Dock has additional issues. My Yoga is scheduled to be replaced. In the mean time, I am running with a twisted Yoga and the external monitor connected to the Yoga. I have not seen the cursor problem or had a monitor failure since then.

Between now and the time my replacement arrives, I will do more testing with the Yoga twisted in various ways. I am currently running twisted to about 200°. This is still tablet mode, with the keyboard, TrackPoint and TrackPad disabled. After a few days, if the cursor doesn't wander, I will twist back to 160°. This will place the Yoga back into laptop mode. The keyboard, TrackPoint and TrackPad will be reactivated. I want to see if the cursor starts wandering again. I will test with both Yoga screen and monitor active, and just monitor active.

I got a real surprise when I picked up my Yoga and twisted it from 360° to 200°. The Yoga screen was dark, so I assumed it was inactive. Not exactly. Nothing displayed on the screen, but when I touched the Yoga screen my external monitor screen was effected. Although the Yoga screen is dark, it still responds to touch.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors