Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,252
Message 41 of 91

Re: ThinkPad Yoga + OneLink Pro = jumping cursor

This thread deserves a bump. And an official response for that matter!

Some new info: this happened with a mail window near the bottom right corner, and when it happened the 'ink' toolbar appeared. That's pretty convincing evidence that it's an apparent pen tap that does this (among possibly additional options). So disabling the pen driver when docked might be enough to fix this.

Edit: hmm... this sounds a lot like a milder case of this issue with the TPY 1st gen. And that issue also doesn't have a clear solution. Smiley Sad 

Lewtech
Paper Tape
Views: 1,225
Message 42 of 91

I had this issue in the past but found if I disable the digitizer and pen devices in device manager, the problem goes away completely. I have an onsight warranty so the lenovo tech came out and replaced the main board and that has fixed the issue. I still have a minor issue when in citrix when logged into a remote session where a window looses focus, but much better and workable. This is really frustrating though and makes me wish I would have bought a Dell.
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,184
Message 43 of 91

As I wrote in the fan problem thread, but I've added giant red-lettered warning messages about this issue as well in my otherwise pretty positive thread on the TPY12. Again very disappointed in Lenovo customer support and quality control. Got this TPY after a surface pro 2, looks like I'll be getting a surface pro 4 after the TPY. 

Martino2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,060
Message 44 of 91

I was borderline furious from frustration over this, yesterday. I pored over all the threads and paid particular attention to the Lenovo responses. Most of them centered on updating the digitizer and bios. I updated all the Lenovo systems; still cursor craziness. I also saw someone else make the connection between digitizer and the Wacom device (the pen).

I went into the Human Interface Devices (Control Panel > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices) and turned off the HID that referred to Wacom. When the top is down you aren't using that silly device anyway. My cursor has not jumped once since. I'm so relieved!

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,047
Message 45 of 91

@Martino2 wrote:

I was borderline furious from frustration over this, yesterday. I pored over all the threads and paid particular attention to the Lenovo responses. Most of them centered on updating the digitizer and bios. I updated all the Lenovo systems; still cursor craziness. I also saw someone else make the connection between digitizer and the Wacom device (the pen).

I went into the Human Interface Devices (Control Panel > Device Manager > Human Interface Devices) and turned off the HID that referred to Wacom. When the top is down you aren't using that silly device anyway. My cursor has not jumped once since. I'm so relieved!

That makes sense, same thing as Lwetech reported a few posts up. So I take it you disabled the "Wacom Device" in the Device Manager, and nothing else?

Now ideally an enterprising user would write an little utility that programatically disables/enables this driver when it detects a change in the display status / screen status. E.g. "if internal display = off, disable Wacom". Not sure if this is possible, but if someone knows how to do it (e.g. in AutoHotKey?), please post here while we wait for Lenovo to do something about this issue. 

Edit: looks like the MS utility devcon might help with this, if this 2003 code still works in Windows 10.. Taken from this old discussion. If anyone can piece together a practical automated solution based on this (or in any other way) please let us know!

Martino2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,042
Message 46 of 91

Similar, yes, but the only thing I did was disable the Wacom HID. I didn't turn anything else off, or replace any components.

dirkmuis
What's DOS?
Views: 1,006
Message 47 of 91

Same problem here with a Yoga 3 - 14.

Where did you guys apply for support? At the store you bought the laptop or directly at Lenovo?

rkventure
What's DOS?
Views: 911
Message 48 of 91

It's crazy.... I got this issue and drove me nuts...

HERE IS THE FIX THAT I FOUND:

Tried various things like even restart - no use. But unplugged the charging cable and lo... the issue went away.

(Plugging it in brought back the issue)

SO, SEEMS LIKE A HARDWARE/SOFTWARE/POWER related issue linked to the new OneLink charging port.

LENOVO... PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE AS NEEDED.

aembay
Paper Tape
Views: 843
Message 49 of 91

This worked for my Thinkpad Yoga 12 (i7):

I covered an aluminium foil on both sides with thin cardboard / paper: just glued it with paper glue to the foil. Afterwards I cut it to fit exactly between the laptop's screen and keyboard when the Yoga is closed (remember to cut out two edges for the hinges). On one side, I left some foil stick out from the paper cover to enable connection with the laptop's housing (I don't now if this is really necessary, but on the other hand it won't hurt).

Funny enough, since I use this configuration when the TPY is docked with a closed lid, the cursor errors did not come up for a single time. I have it in use now for about three weeks. As soon as I found how to post a photo, I can show how I crafted it, this may be more instructive than my description in the paragraph above (excuses for my bad English).

This may not be an elegant solution, but (for me at least) it works flawless and is simple to use.

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 808
Message 50 of 91

Man, I thought I was the only one having this horrible issue. 

My organzation is swtiching over to the ThinkPad Yoga and I already have 30 ThinkPad Yoga's deployed and am in the process deploying 50 ThinkPad Yoga 12's.... 

This issue just started getting reported cause you know how users are... 

I've updated and reinstalled every driver Lenovo has to offer in regards to the touchscreen,touchpad, pen, keyboard etc...  and still the mouse jump happens. 

I'm trying the disabling of the pen to see what happens.  Hope that does SOMETHING.

Seems ridiculous Lenovo has only repsponded once to this thread...  Makes me regret recommending them as a replacement for our Dell hardware... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors