Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaynatic
Paper Tape
Views: 921
Message 51 of 91

Re: ThinkPad Yoga + OneLink Pro = jumping cursor

Here is the fix:

Please install Synaptics UltraNav Driver (Version 18.1.27.30) - Important to use this version!

In this release the following got fixed among others:

- Fixed an issue that clickpad still has function after lid close.

I used Lenovos System Update utility to automatically download and install the update. It shows up under optional updates.  Smiley Happy

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 897
Message 52 of 91

You can confirm it fixes the issue or are you just going off what the reademe file says?

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 884
Message 53 of 91

Although Lenovo was unable to resolve the issue on my Yoga S1 and replaced it with an X250, I am interested in finding out if Lenovo is able to finally resolve this issue. The X250 is a great laptop, but I could use the tablet function for certain activities, and miss my Yoga.

Based on my experience and those I read about, I don't think there is a single underlying issue that causes the jumping cursor. Lenovo had me send my Yoga in for analysis and repair to the Escalation Center, but their fixes did not completely resolve the cursor issue. It was greatly reduced, but not eliminated.

The only way I could eliminate the jumping cursor was to bend my Yoga into tablet mode. Once properly bent, the cursor always behaved. This would seem to eliminate the digitizer as the only culprit, as the digitizer would be active but not causing any cursor issues.

In laptop mode, either closed (with or without a layer of aluminum foil) or opened, the cursor would jump when I had my external monitor attached and in use. If the monitor was attached and not is use (PC screen only), no cursor issue. I had the cursor issue when using everything attached to the OneLink Dock, or with everything attached directly to the Yoga and no dock. I have a touch monitor, but the cursor issue was unaffected by detaching the touch function USB cable.

I find several things disconcerting
- Lenovo seems unable to find a solution for the jumping cursor
- Lenovo seems unwilling to admit there is a problem it can't resolve
- Lenovo continues to sell a product with a known defect, and doesn't warn its customers about possible failures

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 857
Message 54 of 91

Can still confirm the issue is happening even with this update.

This is ridiculous Lenovo.  It's my favorite thing to here every day from the people that have these laptops in my office that an email got sent before they were finished because their mouse went crazy. 

FIX THIS ISSUE. It's B.S. that this is happening...

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 811
Message 55 of 91

This doesn't give any warm fuzzy feelings, but I sent off one of the ThinkPad Yoga 12 to Lenovo. 

1. I never heard from them at all.

2. I just received it back from them and they said they replaced the System Board W/ CPU

I've been using the it now for a few days and the issue seems to not happen.  I have 25 of these sitting on a shelf waiting to be deployed and 25 already deployed with a handful experiencing this issue.  If I have to send back each one to have this repair done, I would call this a failure..

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 794
Message 56 of 91

@dquattlebumcps wrote:

This doesn't give any warm fuzzy feelings, but I sent off one of the ThinkPad Yoga 12 to Lenovo. 

1. I never heard from them at all.

2. I just received it back from them and they said they replaced the System Board W/ CPU

I've been using the it now for a few days and the issue seems to not happen.  I have 25 of these sitting on a shelf waiting to be deployed and 25 already deployed with a handful experiencing this issue.  If I have to send back each one to have this repair done, I would call this a failure..

Sounds promising, keep us posted if the issue does come back though. Did the report state whether they reproduced the issue, or only 'customer complains of jumping cursor'? I'm curious if they need to reproduce the issue locally for the repair to get done. Basically I want to avoid sending it in with the risk that a rushed service tech doesn't see the issue in the first few minutes and sends it back as-is.

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 780
Message 57 of 91

Lenovo's documentation on the ticket and the repair is EXTREMELY lacking. 

On the "repair summary" I received

I says the system board w/CPU was replaced and then a symptom of "Mouse Floats", no mention on whther or not they were able to duplicate it or anything.

The repair ticket has absolutely no documentation.  Just "laptop received", "part ordered", "part replaced", "laptop returned to customer"...

I haven't had it pop up yet, but have to start the return process on 2 other machines that have reported this issue. 

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 753
Message 58 of 91

The issue is definitely better, but it still will randomly click on something which changes the active window... 

Since receiving it it's done it twice...  So not sure if it's driver or hardware now... 

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 748
Message 59 of 91

My experience exactly. My Yoga came back from Lenovo service in Morrisville and the jumping cursor was greatly minimized. It would happen infrequently while in use, and would Freqently change random settings when I left it overnight.

That is when Lenovo replaced my Yoga with an X250. I would much rather had a Yoga that worked properly.

Good luck in getting your Yoga fixed or replaced.

dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 739
Message 60 of 91

Thanks man, glad they took care of you!

I wish I could do that but my organization decided to buy 50 at once... This should make for an interesting fiscal year.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors