Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaron_UI
Paper Tape
Views: 979
Message 71 of 91

Re: ThinkPad Yoga + OneLink Pro = jumping cursor

Hello everyone,

Good news, after working on this issue for around 8 months now we finally received a solution from Lenovo on this issue.

I am told the solution has not been published yet and I do not have an estimated release date.

The solution we have been provided is a utility that disables the digitizer when the lid is shut.

Best,

Jaron

kreide
SCSI Port
Views: 971
Message 72 of 91

@Jaron_UI wrote:

The solution we have been provided is a utility that disables the digitizer when the lid is shut.

What do you mean by "utility"? That problem is being a hardware problem, as it is present both in Linux and Windows. Providing a program for Windows only would not solve the problem for me.

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 955
Message 73 of 91

I hope this is a solution, but it seems counterintuitive based on my experience. The only way I could defeat the jumping cursor on my Yoga was to bend it past 180 degrees and put it into tablet mode. This disabled the keyboard, touchpad and trackpoint, but not the digitizer. Perhaps if the solution disables all four (keyboard, touchpad, trackpoint and digitizer) it might work.

Although the Yoga human interfaces were disabled (except for the digitizer), anything plugged into the OneLink Dock or directly into the Yoga ports (USB, HDMI Mini, Ethernet) would work, allowing the Yoga tablet to be a PC.

My opinion is there may be more than one Yoga issue, and disabling the digitizer may fix some of the issues, but not all.

But I wish you and all the Yoga sufferers good luck.

joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 950
Message 74 of 91

@Jaron_UI wrote:

Good news, after working on this issue for around 8 months now we finally received a solution from Lenovo on this issue.

I am told the solution has not been published yet and I do not have an estimated release date.

Not bad, only a year after this solution was suggested by Manotee and yours truly. Smiley Happy  Thanks for helping resolve this!

Jaron_UI
Paper Tape
Views: 930
Message 75 of 91

The Yoga I have observed this issue with is the 20DK model.

Best,

Jaron

efurl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 660
Message 76 of 91

Re: STILL NOT FIXED!!!

We had several at work with this issue and disabling the digitizer and pen worked. Has this been established as a systemboard defect?
dquattlebumcps
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 647
Message 77 of 91

I don't think Lenovo will every respond or fix this issue, which is why my company switched manufacturers.  

efurl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 640
Message 78 of 91

That seems to be very common w/ them....
mbphoto
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 79 of 91

Been having this issue for quite a while now myself.

Using the Yoga 12 connected to the dock with normal mouse, keyboard and screen attached to the dock.

Did all the updates, ultra nav blah driver, etc.

When the lid is closed (as one would suppose the laptop is used when docked) then I always get this issue with the mouse jumping into corners (lower right most) and rightclicking while at it.

Edit:

It does not act up when I disable the "HID-compliant digitizer" in the device manager.

As soon as I activated my e-mail to post here, this fix didn't work anymore.. now it's worse than ever before.

Before the Edit:

To me this sounds like an incredibly easy fix, because who needs the digitizer to be active with the lid closed?

Who needs the pen to be active, the trackpad?

Why not simply disable all the stuff on the notebook (screen, touch, pen, digitizer, trackpad, etc.) whenever the lid is closed?!

Do they really not care about their users?
Hundreds of people seem to have this exact same issue and they won't even implement this simple solution to deactivate all the stuff when the lid is closed and the device connected to the dock?

efurl
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 80 of 91

I had to disable both pen/digitzer

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors