Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 1,070
Message 81 of 91

Re: STILL NOT FIXED!!!

@mbphoto wrote:

Been having this issue for quite a while now myself.

Using the Yoga 12 connected to the dock with normal mouse, keyboard and screen attached to the dock.

Did all the updates, ultra nav blah driver, etc.

When the lid is closed (as one would suppose the laptop is used when docked) then I always get this issue with the mouse jumping into corners (lower right most) and rightclicking while at it.

Edit:

It does not act up when I disable the "HID-compliant digitizer" in the device manager.

As soon as I activated my e-mail to post here, this fix didn't work anymore.. now it's worse than ever before.

Before the Edit:

To me this sounds like an incredibly easy fix, because who needs the digitizer to be active with the lid closed?

Who needs the pen to be active, the trackpad?

Why not simply disable all the stuff on the notebook (screen, touch, pen, digitizer, trackpad, etc.) whenever the lid is closed?!

Do they really not care about their users?
Hundreds of people seem to have this exact same issue and they won't even implement this simple solution to deactivate all the stuff when the lid is closed and the device connected to the dock?

Rumor has it that a software solution has been shared with large clients, but it's not been made available to the general public, and probably won't be. Too bad, other than that it's a pretty great system. Hopefully at least they learned from their mistake so that it won't show in future Yoga models.

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,059
Message 82 of 91

Re: STILL NOT FIXED!!!

I don't know if it will still work, but the only way I could circumvent the jumping cursor, even after 2 efforts by Lenovo to fix it was to fold the ThinkPad Yoga into tablet mode (full 360°, screen and keyboard fully exposed). With the lid closed or open less than 180°, the cursor would jump. With the lid folded past 180°, the cursor was stable.

I would still be doing this if I kept the ThinkPad, but the possibility of damage to the screen made it impractable. Lenovo replaced the ThinkPad Yoga with an X250.

Note the digitized is active in this mode, but the cursor doesn't jump. The keyboard and TouchPad are disabled.

Others have offered solutions that work for them, but they didn't work for me. This suggests to me there isn't one problem, but multipe problems. That may have something to do with Lenovo offering a solution for all.

ricardjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 960
Message 83 of 91

Re: ThinkPad Yoga + OneLink Pro = jumping cursor

Is there any solution for this yet? To me it happens with an Yoga 12 and one link dock (not pro).

The cusor alway jumps to the same place: lower right corner and after "right clickes".

Thanks!

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 957
Message 84 of 91

I am amazed that this problem has not been resolved. I thought the ThinkPad Yoga (12.5") was a great concept, and I liked mine until the jumping cursor drove me nuts. Lenovo tried twice to fix it, having me send in the Yoga for fixes. The occurrence decreased significantly, but never was stable.

I found through extensive testing the dock was not the issue. It only occurred when using an external monitor, whether connected through the dock (not Pro either) or connected directly to the Yoga with the dock removed. Disabling the screen touch feature had no effect.

It was surprising with my Yoga that bending to tablet mode (more than 180 degrees)  eliminated the jumping. It never jumped for me in tablet mode. The digitizer was still active, but the keyboard, trackpad and trackpoint were disabled.

Lenovo eventually replaced my Yoga with an X250, with no cursor problem.

I hope Lenovo eventually discovers the reason(s) and provides a solution.

I am curious if the latest ThinkPad Yogas still have the jumping cursor.

JimWAndrews
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 937
Message 85 of 91

Hi

The only solution, inelegant but 100% effective in my case, is to open up the laptop when using the OneLink.  Then everything works fine.

I figure that there must be electrical interference between the OneLink adapter and some doo-hickey thing in the screen that causes the random mouse activity.

I discovered this about 18 months ago, and haven't had jumping cursor problems since then.

Hope this helps.

Jim

ricardjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 885
Message 86 of 91

The problem with that solution is, for one, the laptop opened occupies much more space, which kind of defeats the reason to use a dock... for other, leaving it in tablet mode, as pointed by others here, constitutes a high risk of damaging the screen....

Disabling the digitalizer, also as some have pointed, should fix it. Why isn't Lenovo offering that as a software option, for example, on the lenovo dock icon that stays on the taskbar?...

I mean, so many time has passed and nothing... Smiley Sad
JimWAndrews
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 871
Message 87 of 91

I agree.  My "solution" isn't very elegant.  Nor is leaving the laptop in tablet mode.  

Clearly there is some hardware that could be disabled when you plug in the OneLink.  And after all, you're not likely to be using the touch screen / digitiser when it's plugged in.  

It doesn't seem like rocket science to fix this.......

Manotee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 859
Message 88 of 91

For curiosity sake, I read the reviews on the latest ThinkPad Yoga 260, which seems to be the latest version of the ThinkPad Yoga 12.5". There were a lot of negative reviews, but no mention of the jumping cursor.

It may be Lenovo has determined the cause and fixed it on the latest model. Or it may be the other issues are so bad they haven't gotten to the point the cursor issue becomes paramount.

Do I think Lenovo has determined the causes for the jumping cursor and can fix them? No, I don't. My guess is it isn't just a single cause, and the solution eludes them. The fact I have not seen a series of posts from sufferers saying Lenovo fixed their Yogas leads me to believe there is not an easy solution.

Even if Lenovo had determined a cause and resolution, I would not expect to see a recall. It seems to me the problem is not isolated, but neither is it prevalent. It probably infects a small percentage of the Yogas. If there were a solution, when a customer complains a service technician would be dispatched with the necessary replacement hardware or firmware, or the machine would be sent to the depot for a fix. We would see this in a series of posts from customers happily announcing their problem has been resolved.

Of course, it could all be risk/reward cost analysis. Lenovo could have analyzed the costs of fixing the Yogas versus ignoring the problem, and decided the cost of fixing them is far greater than ignoring them.

It is hard to believe Lenovo doesn't want to fix this issue. The ThinkPad has such a high reputation (or used to have), it doesn't make sense to ignore this problem and risk major damage to the brand. But it is also apparent to me the reputation of the ThinkPad has fallen upon hard times and has become tarnished.

The ThinkPad X250 tht replaced my Yoga has been very reliable. I had some minor issues with startup after shutdown, but turning off fast startup seems to have fixed them. I ordered my Yoga with Windows Home, and suggest the upgrade to Windows Pro is well worth it. The Windows 10 Update philosophy (no ability to control it in Home product) was a real issue to me. I upgraded to Pro so I could seelct when to install updates.

ricardjs
Fanfold Paper
Views: 755
Message 89 of 91

Still no solution to this?.... Smiley Sad

jeffreycowart
What's DOS?
Views: 159
Message 90 of 91

I have been battling this for 18 months with my work ThinkPad and OneLink dock.  Mouse would work just fine with screen open, but if I closed the computer, mouse would typically jump to lower right corner and click something.

I tried closing papers inside the laptop, but it still jumped....

I found another forum/post that someone suggested placing a sheet of aluminum foil between the screen and keyboard.  IT WORKS!!!

I got a sheet of AL foil, folded it over a sheet of paper, closed the laptop, no more jumping mouse!!!!Smiley LOL

Give it a try, its free and takes seconds!

I know this is an old thread, but I just found the answer, so I wanted to share...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors