Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasMich
Paper Tape
Views: 265
Message 11 of 14

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1 M.2 SSD not recognized

Yes, I did. In my other (desktop) computer the new SSD if fully working.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 263
Message 12 of 14

Hey there, JasMich! 

Another support here. As we were checking here, this will fall under a compatibility issue between the SSD that you have and with the laptop. You can check out the tested and compatible SSD for the ThinkPad Yoga here https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/tp_yoga_fru_bom_20150216.pdf?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6&S... (look for mSATA drive) and the one that you are currently using is not included in the list, and that might be the reason why it is not working properly to the ThinkPad Yoga. 

Moderator comment: Link expanded for transparency.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rccryan
Punch Card
Views: 158
Message 13 of 14

In case it's not too late (or someone else has this problem):

Any chance the drive isn't being recognized because the computer was running Windows 10 when you shut it down to make the swap? If it shut down using the default "Fast Startup" method instead of doing a full shutdown, then perhaps on bootup it's looking for the Windows partition that matches what it has saved in the cache (see this article for details.)

I just had my M.2 SSD not recognized by Windows 10 after installing it and I didn't realize Windows 10 was doing this. Only after I did a complete shutdown (e.g., by holding the shift key while clicking Shutdown) did Windows recognize the unformatted drive in Disk Managment.*

*In my case, I suppose Restart might have worked too.

JasMich
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 14 of 14

Thanks, but that wasn't my problem. Frist, I'm not running Windows at all and second, the problem was already before starting any OS in the BIOS.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors