Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s1yoga
Paper Tape
Views: 737
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga S1 Will not start up

Hi,

I purchased my Thinkpad Yoga in March 2014. It had been working fine until about 2 months ago. It started having issues with the SSD, so I installed a new one. Worked fine until yesterday when it just stopped working. Was in sleep mode and about 30min later I try to turn it on,nothing happens. I plug in the charger, but the ThinkPad light doesn't blink either. I am not sure what exactly the issue is, but should a business class laptop, which is not even 2 years old be experiencing such problems?

I contacted the IBM frontoffice (lenovo's techincal support) and they said I could replace the motherboard for around 700 euros. I simply am not willing to do this. I know the laptop isn't in warranty, but the fault was not mine and Lenovo simply cannot expect a product life of 1.5 yrs of a business class line laptop.

I am looking to get in touch with someone from lenovo. It is impossible to find an email address. 

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 712
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1 Will not start up

Hi

As far as I know the formal way to contact Lenovo is to open a ticket with Lenovo's techincal support. If the machine is out of warranty it is not likely that they are going to replace the board for free. 

Which is the exact model number of you machine?

Does it not boot at all when you turn it on? Any fan sound? Any beep, error or sound? There are some Thinkpad Yoga machine that has a reset hole/button on the bottom. Does your model has one?

original.jpg

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

s1yoga
Paper Tape
Views: 703
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1 Will not start up

Hey,
It is 20cd-0032US
and Yes, it does have a reset hole. But I do not hear any fan/beeping sounds when I press the power button.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors