Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tater85
Blue Screen Again
Views: 411
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga S1 keyboard and touchpad not working

Hey everyone,

I've upgraded my ThinkPad Yoga S1 (20CD) to Windows 10. I was up to build 1607 before I started encountering issues with the onboard keyboard and touchpad losing power once the laptop gets past the BIOS load screen. Once into Windows, the fn key seems to still function, but nothing after that. Here's what I've done so far for troubleshooting:

Verified drivers are current from Lenovo System Updater and support website (all drivers and BIOS are current).

Checked the manufacturer's website for newer drivers for the keyboard and mouse.

Brought Windows 10 up to current version 1809.

Clean boot for Windows.

Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers.

Ran hardware troublshooting tools for keyboard and mouse.

Removed the screw near the audio jack as I had read on some forums that the pressue was messing with the sensor near there.

Checked the ribbon cables on the motherboard to verify they are seated correctly.

Disabled sensor services (this seemed to work for a bit on Windows 1709).

Tried running start up repair.

Ran sfc/scannow.

I'm running out of ideas, other than to go back to Windows 8, but I'd really rather not. Any suggestions/items to try that I'm missing?

Tater85
Blue Screen Again
Views: 383
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1 keyboard and touchpad not working

Here's a quick update. Left if off the rest of the day after my post. Booted it up this morning, no issues. Ran some additional Windows updates for 1809 and so far, so stable. Fingers crossed, something finally burped out that issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors