cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilippR
Paper Tape
Views: 3,522
Message 1 of 18

ThinkPad Yoga S1, no Windows 10 drivers?

Hey Guys,

I updated my ThinkPad Yoga S1 (20C0) last year to Windows 10, since this was possible.

Also, the Thinkpad Yoga S1 is on the model list, for possible upgrades to Windows 10.

But now I am getting some problems with the Hardware (for example: the digitizer pen doesn't work correctly)

When I'm looking at the download homepage for my model, I can't find any drivers related to Windows 10.

Has anyone the same problem or can help me ?

Thanks

Philipp

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,506
Message 2 of 18

Re: ThinkPad Yoga S1, no Windows 10 drivers?

(1)From the support page, enter yoga laptop (thinkpad).

Set pick a component<set to pick component

Set pick a OS<set to pick a OS

Hit enter, show more! Your win 10 updates will show.

(2)install system update and run it. You do have a SU win10 catalog.

20C0 win 10 Su catalog

(3)Install the  Lenovo companion app from windows store. Run system update from the submenu.

Same as SU in (2). Use (2) as the fastest way, ie avoid companion install issues. 

PhilippR
Paper Tape
Views: 3,499
Message 3 of 18

Thank you for your quick answer! I checked my machine type with Lenovo bridge, but if I make it this way, there are no Win10 drivers. Is this an error in the support page ? Also, if I type in "yoga laptop (ThinkPad)" I still have to pick one out of a list, but I don't know which I should choose.
sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,470
Message 4 of 18

After service bridge selects your machine, you go into the drivers page.

What OS is listed in the pick list? If windows 8,  go to the OS entry, use the down arrow, and change the field to PICK A OS.

==

A search does not show Yoga S1 in the list. It should!

(1)search yoga laptop

(2)search laptop yoga

(3)search thinkpad yoga

etc.

Look in the middle or bottom of the selection list for Yoga Laptop (thinkpad).yoga.PNG

yoga 2.PNG

If it comes back with 0 entries, change OS to windows 7, then back to Pick a OS.

SanSol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,402
Message 5 of 18

I have tried the update of my BIOS, but when running the update, after 1 minute it fails to download and install. Please help me. I Updated to Windows 10 and Digitizer Pen stopped working on my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 20CDCTO1WW (same model as the S1). Using the Lenovo Companion app I get a message about system update of my THINKPAD BIOS (Non-VPro) [32,64]. I run download and install several times, but after approx 1 minute each time it fails to download and install. Please help. I bought this computer due to my need to use the digital pen, and it is now useless.
Guru
Views: 3,388
Message 6 of 18

Hi

Are you trying BIOS 1.28 for your Thinkpad Yoga S1. Please try to download it again.

I recommend you that you check the support page and register your machine serial number so it can direct you to the exactly support page of your model. For the moment I think this is the support site for your model.

You may also give a try to Lenovo System update.

On Windows 10 I also think it is good idea to install "Lenovo Settings" and "Lenovo Companion" from the Windows app store.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

SanSol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,375
Message 7 of 18

Martín, gracias por tu mensaje. Yo estoy en Uruguay, y viví en Ecuador 3 años y quiero mucho a tu país. Efectivamente tengo que bajar e instalar el BIOS 1.28. Yo ya había registrado mi máquina y bajado el Companion y el Lenovo Settings. Es a través del Companion que estoy intentando actualizar el BIOS, pero verás en los 2 Print Screeens que adjunto que sale un error al bajar e instalar.PrtScr 1.jpgPrtScr 2.jpg

Mi Lenovo no es exactamente la S1, pero creo que es la misma salvo que la compré en USA que la llaman 20CDCTO1WW. Mi BIOS actual es el 1.14.

De microsoft me dice que actualice los DRIVERS, pero no sé dónde hacer eso. Tu piensas que si actualizo el BIOS se actualizan todos los drivers !??

Gracias,

Santiago

Google translation: Spanish > English

Martin, thanks for your message. I'm in Uruguay, and lived in Ecuador three years and I want very much to your country. Indeed I have to download and install the BIOS 1.28. I had already checked my machine and down the Companion and the Lenovo Settings. It is through the Companion I'm trying to update the BIOS, but you will see in the 2 Print screeens that attachment you get an error to download and install.

My Lenovo is not exactly the S1, but I think it is the same unless bought in USA they call 20CDCTO1WW. My current BIOS is 1.14.

Of microsoft she tells me to update drivers, but do not know where to do that. You think that if you update the BIOS update all drivers! ??

Thank you,

Guru
Views: 3,362
Message 8 of 18

Hola Santiago.

Si actualizas el BIOS no se actualizan los driver, pero si puede ayudar a arreglar algunos errores extraños.

Bajata el BIOS manualmente en este link. BIOS S1. Es un instalardor .exe que lo corres y sigues las instrucciones.

Para actualizar los drivers, visita la página de soporte de la TP Yoga S1 20CD que es este enlace.

Pon que usas Windows 10 y ordena los drivers por fecha para que veas los nuevos, de esta manera puedes descargar los drivers a mano.

Fíjate si te funciona y me cuentas como avanzas.

Saludos.

Hello Santiago.

If you update the BIOS the driver are not updated, but if you can help fix some strange errors.

Bajata the BIOS manually at this link. BIOS S1. It is an .exe instalardor that run it and follow the instructions.

To update the drivers, visit the support page of the TP Yoga S1 20CD is this link.

Put you use Windows 10 drivers and orders by date so you see new, so you can download the drivers manually.

See if you work and tell me as you go.

Greetings.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

SanSol
Paper Tape
Views: 3,356
Message 9 of 18

Gracias Martín, lo del BIOS lo probaré ahora. Respecto a los drivers, en el link que tu me das, no me da la opción de OS Windows 10 (te incluyo print screen).

Y luego en los controladores (drivers) hay muchísimos y no se cuál tienen que ver con el tema del DIGITAL PEN. De cualquier manera, no hay opción de Windows 10..

Gracias por tu ayuda. Quedo pendiente de tu respuesta.

SantiagoPrint Scr 3.jpg

Thanks Martin, the BIOS I try now. Regarding the drivers, the link that you give me, do not give me the option of OS Windows 10 (I include print screen).

And then the drivers (drivers) and there are many which do not relate to the issue of DIGITAL PEN. Either way, there is no option of Windows 10 ..

Thanks for your help. I will be expecting your answer.

Guru
Views: 3,352
Message 10 of 18

Hola

Si no encuentras el de Windows 10, pon solo "Pick an OS" para que salgan todos. En el título de cada driver ves si es es para Windows 10 o para otra version.

Sobre el lapiz, tienes el lápiz que viene en la máquina? o tienes el Thinkpad Pen pro? Generalmente es lápiz es de Wacom. Algunos no han tenido problema con el Wacom Feel driver:

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

Prueba lo a ver como te va.

Saludos.

Hello

If you do not find in Windows 10, put only "Pick an OS" for everyone leave. In the title of each driver you see if it is for Windows 10 or for another version.

About the pencil, you have the stylus that comes in the machine? or you have the Thinkpad Pen pro? Generally Wacom pen is. Some have had no problem with the Wacom Feel driver:

http://us.wacom.com/en/feeldriver/

Test it to see how it goes.

Greetings.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Top Kudoed Authors