Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Former Employee
Views: 1,886
Message 14 of 25

ThinkPad Yoga Series Tap To Click

I am investigating customer reports that ThinkPad Yoga series laptops with the Tap To Click feature disabled, after sleep mode, find the Tap To Click feature automatically reenabled.

I was able to verify this on Yoga S1, Yoga 12, Yoga 14, and Yoga 15 (unable to find Tap To Click) lab samples. I am in the process of opening a case for each of these models and requesting a solution.

When I have more information, I will post an update.

Thank you,

Bennethon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,252
Message 1 of 25

Tap-to-Click will not stay disabled.

I really hope there is a fix for this....

I disalbe Tap-to-Click in the Synaptics preferences panel. But, every time the computer wakes from sleep mode, the Tap-to-Click re-enables itself. It is very annoying. 

I have tried just about everything to try to keep Tap-to-Click disabled, but nothing has worked. I completely removed and reinstalled the Synaptics drivers. I tried installing the vanilla Synaptics drivers from their website. I tried searching through the regisrty too see if I could disable it there. I tried updating firmware. I even kept the Synaptics preferences window open, the one with the Tap-to-Click checkbox toggle, while putting the comuter to sleep and waking it up. NOTHING has worked. It's been impossible to keep the thing disabled.

Is there a fix for this?

choolan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,215
Message 2 of 25

Re: Tap-to-Click will not stay disabled.

I unfortunately do not have a fix for this, but I just wanted to say that I have the exact same issue.  I have updated the firmware and the drivers, but it still automatically reenables the tap to click function.  Lenovo, please address this issue.  This isn't fair. 

denlee
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,208
Message 3 of 25

Sorry I can't provide any solution, onlly one more question... Are you referring to tap-to-click using the touchpad only, or with combination with trackpoint? If trackpoint...how did you -enable- it in the first place? What drivers do you use? I desperately need to enable trackpoint + tap-to-click function.

choolan
Paper Tape
Views: 2,200
Message 4 of 25

I can't speak for Bennathon, but at least for me, I'm talking specifically about the thinkpad. The drivers are by "Synaptics" and are called Ultranav. If you open the mouse settings, go to the far-right tab titled "thinkpad," then click advanced, it'll bring up the Ultranav settings. In the general tab of this page, there's a checkbox titled "tap to click." If you uncheck it, click OK, and then click OK in mouse settings, it'll disable this feature. However, if you log off or restart your computer, it'll automatially re-enable it. I've also seen it re-enable without logging off as well. Just a very frustrating situation as a result of buggy drivers. I've tried uninstalling these Ultranav drivers, then downloading and reinstalling the most updated ones from Lenovo's website, but the same bug still happens. Please fix this issue Lenovo/Synaptics... this is a clear bug with your software that everyone with a Lenovo Yoga experiences (a simple google search will confirm this).
Bennethon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,191
Message 5 of 25

@denlee wrote:

Sorry I can't provide any solution, onlly one more question... Are you referring to tap-to-click using the touchpad only, or with combination with trackpoint? If trackpoint...how did you -enable- it in the first place? What drivers do you use? I desperately need to enable trackpoint + tap-to-click function.

I am talking about the trackpad only. Not the trackpoint.

Guru
Views: 2,182
Message 6 of 25

Which machine do you have, and which Ultranav drivers are you using?

The relevant registry key seems to be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2\Gestures, which goes from 3 to 2 when I uncheck "Enable Tapping". Setting permissions to read-only doesn't seem to stop the control panel from changing it. (On my W520.)

I *think* the physical mechanisms for tap-to-click on the TrackPoint have been removed on recent ThinkPads. I could be wrong.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Bennethon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,158
Message 7 of 25

@ColonelONeill wrote:
Which machine do you have, and which Ultranav drivers are you using?

The relevant registry key seems to be HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2\Gestures, which goes from 3 to 2 when I uncheck "Enable Tapping". Setting permissions to read-only doesn't seem to stop the control panel from changing it. (On my W520.)

I *think* the physical mechanisms for tap-to-click on the TrackPoint have been removed on recent ThinkPads. I could be wrong.

Thank you for your reply! My Synaptics driver version is 18.0.7.57. I have a ThinkPad Yoga 12.5" model.

I looked in my regisrty, but the paths seem to be a bit different than yours. Instead of TouchPadPS2 I have TouchPadPS2TM2911 and TouchPadSMB2cTM2911. There's a lot in there...

So I don't know what to do.

Guru
Views: 2,148
Message 8 of 25

Yeah I dunno. Try a total uninstall of the Synaptics drivers, delete the two registry keys, then reinstall the latest driver.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Bennethon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,113
Message 9 of 25

I tried that. Didn't make a difference. Smiley Mad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors