Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thatusername
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,329
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Yoga Touchpad issues

Hi all, I'm hoping desperately you can help.

The touchpad on my ThinkPad Yoga has always been iffy, since I got it, in the sense, that it seems to randomly turn itself off, especially if windows has applied an update. In the past I've been able to enable it again, but not this time.

Today I went to use my laptop and the touchpad didn't respond. In the Lenovo message centre it said it was disabled (although I didn't disable it).

I looked up how to enable it and ended up in the device manager.

In the touchpad properties it said: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

But when I looked at the other options and asked it to update drivers, it said it was already enabled and that the drivers were up to date. 

So I googled more and the info seemed to indicate to uninstall the drivers, then reinstall them. So I uninstalled them, and downloaded some from the Lenovo site to reinstall. When reinstalling though, it won't work. It says the touchpad doesn't exist. Indeed now in the device manager the touchpad isn't listed, but it does say PS/2 compatible mouse there instead. This also has the same error message in the properties: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24)

In the Lenovo message centre it now also says that this is disabled too. 

I've redownloaded and installed the drivers from the Synaptic website as well now, still to no avail. 

I'm seriously at my wits end. Can anyone please offer any solutions? 

Many sincere thanks for your kind help!

chasebs
What's DOS?
Views: 556
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga Touchpad issues

I have same problem.

Once it happened, I solved it by formatting the computer.

However this time its not working even when I format.

I updated to windows 10 but still not working.

Guru
Views: 536
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Yoga Touchpad issues

That is a horrifying issue and I quite pity you. You did some many things and it still wont work. Now it seems everythign is quite messed up and nothing works anymore.

I am no expert on touchpads but how do you feel about recovering and restoring your computer? In Windows 10 type in the search bard "recovery options" and click "reset this pc". This will give you 3 options:

(A) This reinstalls Windows 10, but keeps your personal files and any apps that came with your PC. It removes changes you made to settings and apps and drivers you installed

(B) This reinstalls Windows 10 and any apps that came with your PC. It removes: Personal files, Changes you made to settings, Apps and drivers you installed.

(C) This reinstalls the version of Windows that came on your PC and any apps that came with it. It removes: Personal files, Changes you made to settings, Apps and drivers you installed This option is not available on all pc.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Top Kudoed Authors