Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

05-15-2016

United States of America

2 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga White screen by startup

2016-05-15, 9:34 AM

Hello,

My Thinkpad Yoga (model year 2014-2015) gives sometimes a white screen by startup, or after a softclose (for example when turn over from laptop to tablet mode). When I open and close my screen after a couple of times the screen is ok and I can work with it.

I called Lenovo support because I think it is something with the connector from the screen to the motherboard. The computer was 2 months out of warranty so they say that I could send it to support for a check, what will cost me a lot of money for only analyse the issue. So I asked for another solution.

They asked me to reinstal Windows and al the drivers, because they think that it is a software issue. Because there is a lot of software on my computer, and I need him every day for my work, I didn't have time to do this directly (first make a backup and then reinstall al the software).

So I bought a new Lenovo thinkpad Yoga 260, and installed al my software. Now my "old" Yoga, whit the white screen issue, is ready for reinstall the software.

Today I reinstalled Windows 10, but the issue is still there "sometimes white screen". So I think again it is not a software issue but a issue whit the connector from the screen to the motherboard.

My question is if someone has experience whit this issue, or maybe the same issue?

Options

1 Posts

05-15-2016

Israel

3 Signins

58 Page Views

• Views: 58
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinpad Yoga White screen by startup

2016-05-15, 14:16 PM

i have the same problem i think with the yoga.. but what u mean "white screen"? and does its happend after the lenovo icon appears?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms