Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MVD1
Paper Tape
Views: 601
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga White screen by startup

Hello,

My Thinkpad Yoga (model year 2014-2015) gives sometimes a white screen by startup, or after a softclose (for example when turn over from laptop to tablet mode). When I open and close my screen after a couple of times the screen is ok and I can work with it.

I called Lenovo support because I think it is something with the connector from the screen to the motherboard. The computer was 2 months out of warranty so they say that I could send it to support for a check, what will cost me a lot of money for only analyse the issue. So I asked for another solution.

They asked me to reinstal Windows and al the drivers, because they think that it is a software issue. Because there is a lot of software on my computer, and I need him every day for my work, I didn't have time to do this directly (first make a backup and then reinstall al the software).

So I bought a new Lenovo thinkpad Yoga 260, and installed al my software. Now my "old" Yoga, whit the white screen issue, is ready for reinstall the software.

Today I reinstalled Windows 10, but the issue is still there "sometimes white screen". So I think again it is not a software issue but a issue whit the connector from the screen to the motherboard.

My question is if someone has experience whit this issue, or maybe the same issue?

dandait
Paper Tape
Views: 577
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinpad Yoga White screen by startup

i have the same problem i think with the yoga.. but what u mean "white screen"? and does its happend after the lenovo icon appears?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors