Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-03-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad Yoga doesn't support press-to-select?

2013-12-03, 1:48 AM

I just bought a ThinkPad Yoga and it seems like Lenovo, in their infinite wisdom, took out "press-to-select" (the ability to push in on the TrackPoint to do a left-click). Here is what Control Panel --> Mouse shows me. Why is there no longer an "UltraNav" tab with a settings button that lets me enable press-to-select?

This should be standard functionality. It was on my old T420, it's on the X1 Carbon, and so it should be on my ThinkPad Yoga. This is a high-end machine. I bought it specifically FOR the TrackPoint, and they shouldn't be gimping the TrackPoint like this.

Options

1091 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Views: 43656
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad Yoga doesn't support press-to-select?

2013-12-03, 8:35 AM

Hi,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Please check what you find under “Mice and other pointing devices” in control panel -> device manager.

Probably, you haven’t installed the Synaptics ultranav driver in your system. Go to Lenovo Support page, enter MTM number in quick patth and find the synaptics driver under mouse and keyboard category. If you find any difficulties, please share the MTM number of your device and the operating system you are using so that i can assist you.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

21115 Posts

12-20-2008

Australia, Melbourne

20622 Signins

444194 Page Views

• Views: 444194
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-12-03, 11:00 AM
This function is no longer available.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Options

3 Posts

12-03-2013

United States of America

6 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-12-03, 12:59 PM

mithunr, you can clearly see from my screenshot that I DO have the drivers installed. I already have installed the driver 17.0.12.52 from this link: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS034647

I am running Windows 8.1 and that 17.0.12.52 UltraNav driver. 

I suspect that it is simply like Jin Li said and that they have stripped this functionality out of the ThinkPad Yoga, even though that makes no sense from a practicality perspective.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms