Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neomang
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad Yoga not turning on - logo light but no power

I have a ThinkPad Yoga (Type 20CD) that recently began experiencing a major issue. I was using as usual when it gave me the windows 10 blue screen and told me it was restarting. Upon restarting, it was only able to launch to the boot manager, and when I tried to start normally, it noted that my Hard Drive was not found. I figured it was a seating issue, as I've had those before with the cables for the trackpad, so I opened the bottom and reseated the drive. After doing so, the computer will not power back on. When I press the power button, the ThinkPad logo light comes on for around 3-4 seconds, but then dies. No other sound is made, the fans do not come on, and nothing is displayed on screen.

I have tried several suggested fixes (holding the power button for 30 seconds while disconnected from AC power, pressing the emergency reset button, etc) but to no avail. Since this is my primary computer for work and school, I am really looking to get this fixed asap, so any solutions I can do myself would be appreciated.

Guru
Views: 180
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad Yoga not turning on - logo light but no power

Hi

If you already tried the rest button (emergency reset hople) on the button, and you can not access the BIOS of the system, I think it can be good if you open a ticket to Lenovo. If your computer is on warranty they will not charge you, otherwise it will have some cost according to what they change.

Sorry I don't have any other idea.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Top Kudoed Authors