cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quasarw
Paper Tape
Views: 745
Message 1 of 5

ThinkPad yoga 14 touchscreen unresponsive while using pen with screen flipped > 180 degrees

Whenever I use the pen while the screen is flipped back over 180 degrees (whether in tent mode, tablet mode, whatever) the touchscreen becomes unresponsive. The pen works just fine but the screen wil eventually stop responding to touch. THe only fix I found is flipping the screen to laptop mode and back. This isn't app specific either. I mostly use the pen with Artrage and Photoshop, but I just tested on Edge and Mail, and the touchscreen became unresponsive. 

I can use the pen in laptop mode without it interferring with touch. Something tells me there's a software issue. 

Are there any fixes to this? It's really annoying. 

In addition, the pen input can be very buggy at times, it wants to stick to teh top of the screen and I often end up moving the window while drawing. 

I've calibrated the pen a few times, and I use both the built in pen as well as the thinkpad pen pro one (the thicker one you can be separately). 

Guru
Views: 660
Message 2 of 5

Re: ThinkPad yoga 14 touchscreen unresponsive while using pen with screen flipped > 180 degrees

Hi, welcome to the forums.

You are using Windows 10, right?

I can recommend you to get your drivers updated and BIOS to get a more stable experience with the touch screen and pen. The easy way is to update driver with "Lenovo Companion". The other thing that I recommend if that does not fix your problems after an update is to use the Wacom Feel Driver.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

quasarw
Paper Tape
Views: 643
Message 3 of 5

Re: ThinkPad yoga 14 touchscreen unresponsive while using pen with screen flipped > 180 degrees

Yeah, I'm on the Creators Update on WIndows 10 now. 

I was on the latest BIOS version. And I just updated the wacom driver from that link you posted. 

I think it seems to have fixed the touch issues for the most part. It's a little inconsistent. Sometimes it takes a second or two after using the pen for touch to "re-activate,"  sometimes it takes more than a few seconds. It seems it happens most often right after a restart. 

But after a few minutes from booting up, I'm able to use the touchscreen amost immediately after using the pen now. I'll need to test it more though. Thanks for the tip. 

Osse
Paper Tape
Views: 528
Message 4 of 5

Were you able to figure out what the problem was?  I have the same issue.  

quasarw
Paper Tape
Views: 509
Message 5 of 5

Osse, I never figured out exactly what was causing the problem(s). 

On the issue with the pen sticking to the edge of the screen, I never got that fixed.

It seems for now the issue with the touchscreen not working after using the pen is fixed. I downloaded the wacom driver that's in the response above, but it wasn't an immediate fix, so  I can't say what exactly fixed it. I found that if the touchscreen stopped working when flipped, after one or two times of flipping it back and forth, it would solve the touch issue semi-permanently until my next "session"/laptop use. Now, a few months later, it seems I haven't had the touch issue very much. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals