cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larkan511
Paper Tape
Views: 1,084
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad 20CD 3 blinking red lights with adapter plugged in, hot motherboard chip, need help!

I needed to replace my keyboard on my Thinkpad Yoga 20CD, so I swapped parts, and long story short, no post, no BIOS, no external video.  When I plug in the AC adapter, I get 3 blinking red lights on the "i" Thinkpad LED.  If I press the power button, the backlight on the keyboard comes on for 1 second, fades away, and the red LED stays on.  Fan on the CPU spins for about 3 seconds, then stops.  There is a chip on the motherboard underneath the card reader that gets EXTREMELY hot on both the AC power and battery, even without turning it on. 

I guess I just need to know if I somehow fried the board when swapping parts?  If there is a short somewhere on the board?  Is there anything I can do to get it to boot, and prevent it from getting so hot?  I've tried a complete power drain, removing the CMOS battery, and leaving it sit overnight with nothing plugged in, all to no avail.  Any help or suggestions wold be greatly appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors