Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DonFL
Blue Screen Again
Views: 275
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad 20FY Yoga14, Intel RST, and Windows 1903 update

I am one of those Lenovo users running into the 1903 update issue due to the IntelRST driver issue. Currently, my driver is 15.2.1020, which falls in that range of problematic drivers. Attempting a driver update via device manager gets me the expected message that I have the latest driver.

Lenovo does not list my machine as having been "tested" for the 1903 update, and it does not appear that any further driver updates are forthcoming. While they don't say my 4 year old machine is "end of life" it does seem like their actions suggest that.

I'm curious if anyone with my model has tried any of the suggested solutions to facilitate the update:

1. update driver directly from the Intel website (17.x.x or similar)..(this seems to be the logical step, but..still, a risk)

2. rename the driver file so windows ignores it

3. other..?

I'll gladly go without the update rather than risk bricking my machine or causing further issues.

Thanks in advance for any useful suggestions.

Early_Cheryl
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad 20FY Yoga14, Intel RST, and Windows 1903 update

I'm not sure it's much help -- but I do have a 20FY upgraded to and running 1903 with no problems.  Device Manager shows my IDE controller driver as "Intel 6th Generation ... SATA/AHCI Controller" version 15.2.0.1020.  Didn't do anything special, just updated when Windows insisted one day a while back.

Cheryl O

DonFL
Blue Screen Again
Views: 153
Message 3 of 4

That's the same driver version I have. That said, I can't recall where exactly I saw the driver entry for the IntelRST interface/driver, as its not where Intel tells me it should be (listed under "Storage Controllers"). The whole feature and its existence really has me confused as to what it does, and just how I verify its existence.

The latest MS notes, etc I have seen mention a fix by end of month (August), but hard to say how dependable that timeline is.

DonFL
Blue Screen Again
Views: 47
Message 4 of 4

the 1903 update installed today, so between MS and Intel, they apparently resolved the RST issue.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors