Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marty_
Punch Card
Views: 645
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 - System Firmware: Error code 10 Device cannot start

Hi All!

Using the Lenovo System Update tool, I've updated the bios. It said everything went succesful.

However, the System Firmware now produces an Error code 10:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10). Indicates a revision number encountered or specified is not one known by the service. It may be a more recent revision than the service is aware of."

I've tried "Update Driver" but with this same result.

I've also tried "Uninstall Device". But then upon rebooting it goes back to a driver from 2006 (indeed the error is then gone). If I then update the driver again, the error is back.

What can I do to resolve this? Does this suggest hardware might be broken?

Untitled-2.pngUntitled-3.png

IPIO
Paper Tape
Views: 423
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 - System Firmware: Error code 10 Device cannot start

Hi,

I have the same problem, Device Manager says Firmware 1.21 can't be loaded/needs restart while MSinfo shows me the BIOS Version of 1.27.

EDIT: manual update to newest version 1.32 worked, MSinfo tells me, but the Device Manager is still stuck on 1.21...

How would I know which version is actually in use?

Any help would be appreciated since I believe this causes my graphics driver to crash.

There might be a connection with the newest Windows 10 update.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 304
Message 3 of 4

Hi All,

Welcome to the community forums.

This could be a possible faulty BIOS was flashed. Try downgrading the BIOS to 1.19 / 1/31 (https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/lv/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkp...)(ensure to enable Secure Rollback Prevention / BIOS Backflash in the BIOS).  Once downgraded, try to flash the newest BIOS again manually. Update us how it goes.

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Marty_
Punch Card
Views: 297
Message 4 of 4

I went to Device Manager and removed the device. Then Rebooted. I think this is basically the same as downgrading. I can confirm that the error was gone.

When I now go to Device Manager and select "Update Driver", then the problem is back again.

Or is this not what you mean with "flash the newest BIOS again manually"? How to do that?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors