Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpavia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,046
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 Windows 10 (Final Version) WiFi Not Working

I just upgraded my Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 to Windows 10 today. After the upgrade, the Wifi network stopped working. Device was reported correctly installed on Device Manager, but available Wifi networks weren't shown.

I tried a lot of things, uninstalling the Wifi device from Device Manager, updating to the Windows 10 lastest drivers from the Lenovo Support page, installing old driver versions of the Wifi card... reboots, reboots, a lot of reboots. No success.

Finally I'm going back to Windows 8.1. I waste a lot of time of work trying to solve that problem. A not working Wifi network is a big issue for me, my work is 100% network connected.

My WiFi card is:

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260

Anyone else with this problem?

Thanks

Leonardo

Windows 10 Device Manager

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 990
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad S3 Yoga 14 Windows 10 (Final Version) WiFi Not Working

I have upgraded 3 different Yoga 14 systems to Win10 and I never saw this problem.  We have heard that AV/firewall/security software might cause this issue.  Do you have any software like that installed?  If so, please try uninstalling it and see if WiFi works under Win10.

KJK2015
Paper Tape
Views: 941
Message 3 of 4

I had similar problem with upgrade of Yoga 13 with inplace upgrade to win10.

Was running Norton AV, although had been updated prior to win10 and Norton claimed compatible with win10. In any event, removed and rebooted, but still no wifi, even though network adapter seen and reporting no problems.

In researching issue, it appears that somehow the wifi is being blocked at the hardware level and no way to “turn it on”, as no external physical switch on unit to flip. This issue appears to occur when dual booting with Linux system; although all the suggestions involve rather complicated work at the Linus level to fix.

I am wondering if the quasi dual boot function, which allow you to return to win 8.1 somehow had the same effect.

lpavia
Paper Tape
Views: 892
Message 4 of 4

Update on this:

Microsoft has published an official document for this Issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

I just uninstalled Cisco VPN Client, and the upgrade to Windows 10 was OK.

If you really need to reinstall Cisco VPN Client this works for me:

http://rushton.io/resolving-issues-with-cisco-vpn-5-0-07-0440-on-windows-10-release/

Best regards

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors