cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ah0nen
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad S430 error code "2100: Detection error on HDD0 (Main HDD)" with HGST HDD

Hello!

First post on this forum but been browsing for some time.

My machine: ThinkPad S430, type-model: 3364-5HG, Win 7 x64, 500 GB HGST HDD.

My problem is notably similiar to this one: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht082504.

The problem occurs on very irregular basis, at times a couple of times a day but other times it goes weeks between the interrupts. 

It starts with some sort of short mechanical sound from the HDD, similar to the one when you turn the laptop of by pressing and holding the power button (only do this if I absolutely have to, it feels like choking someone with a pillow). After the sound, the screen freezes for a couple of seconds before the short bluescreen mentioned in the link occurs. The rest is as follows by the link above. Basically the only difference is the HDD brand (HGST in my S430 and Samsung in the link).

After reboot (with power button during the automated reboot after bluescreen when the error code occurs), the laptop works fine. 

It's getting quite annoying when this happens and also the suspension of not knowing when it will happen next is not good for my heart.

What to do?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Nicholas

Top Kudoed Authors