Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
free2bee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,619
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Twist s230U no internal display, works on HDMI and mini display port

Hi,

My Thinkpad Twist does not display anything when turned on except on external monitors. The Device manager shows a greyed out internal display icon, says it is not connected.

1. Could this be the power connect ribbon cable p/n DC002C003W00 have a fractured wire(s)? I have tested for open circuit between PWR1 and PWR2 connectors and there are 4 sequential pins which are open circuit. Is this normal?

2. The touch screen works

3. There appears to be absolutely no LED backlighting working

4. Is there a possible fix for this and if so is it the power cables or some physical problem with the ribbon cables OR is it definitely a new display that is needed using existing cables?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

free2bee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,560
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Twist s230U no internal display, works on HDMI and mini display port

The last 4 pins on the connector are unused I have determined so it is not the power ribbon cable connector.

I found two wires fractured in the LCD ribbon cable right at the point where it feeds through the twist mount. I expect this could be a common problem after use. After repairing these two wires it did not fix the screen problem. I have ordered a replacement LDVS ribbon cable and will report back once I have replaced that.

free2bee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,498
Message 3 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Twist s230U no internal display, works on HDMI and mini display port

The new LVDS cable did not fix the problem except now the backlight is working on the internal display. Any suggestions?

sivasa
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 4 of 5

free2bee, I am also having the same problem, Have you found the fix for this? I have replaced with whole display unit, touch, external display works, but internal display is not displaying
Gory
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 5 of 5

Facing the same problem here.  I think the backlight is working but definitely no display.  Occasionally it will boot up (1 out of 10 times) and display the POST/BIOS screen to the internal/attached swivel screen, and then I know it will boot up completely, but if the POST screen doesn't appear, I know that the Windows screen will not show up.  The POST/BIOS screen NEVER shows up on an external monitor attached via mini-HDMI, but the Windows boot screen ALWAYS appears on every attempt.  Removing the hard drive gave a similar result, 1 out of 10 times displaying the BIOS screen, but obviously never booting to Windows.   This seems to indicate that either the motherboard is bad.  I thought it might be a connection, but the screen never seems to cut out or cut in no matter how much I twist or bang the computer.  Any suggestions?  If I can't fix this, I figure I have a junker since it will likely cost the same to repair as to purchase a new one.  Help?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors