Sydney Australia

12 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Twist s230U no internal display, works on HDMI and mini display port

2013-06-03, 11:01 AM

Hi,

My Thinkpad Twist does not display anything when turned on except on external monitors. The Device manager shows a greyed out internal display icon, says it is not connected.

1. Could this be the power connect ribbon cable p/n DC002C003W00 have a fractured wire(s)? I have tested for open circuit between PWR1 and PWR2 connectors and there are 4 sequential pins which are open circuit. Is this normal?

2. The touch screen works

3. There appears to be absolutely no LED backlighting working

4. Is there a possible fix for this and if so is it the power cables or some physical problem with the ribbon cables OR is it definitely a new display that is needed using existing cables?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Options

3 Posts

06-03-2013

Sydney Australia

12 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Twist s230U no internal display, works on HDMI and mini display port

2013-06-10, 23:27 PM

The last 4 pins on the connector are unused I have determined so it is not the power ribbon cable connector.

I found two wires fractured in the LCD ribbon cable right at the point where it feeds through the twist mount. I expect this could be a common problem after use. After repairing these two wires it did not fix the screen problem. I have ordered a replacement LDVS ribbon cable and will report back once I have replaced that.

Options

3 Posts

06-03-2013

Sydney Australia

12 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Twist s230U no internal display, works on HDMI and mini display port

2013-07-14, 7:23 AM

The new LVDS cable did not fix the problem except now the backlight is working on the internal display. Any suggestions?

Options

1 Posts

09-18-2015

Chester Springs PA

4 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 4 of 5

2015-09-18, 15:18 PM
free2bee, I am also having the same problem, Have you found the fix for this? I have replaced with whole display unit, touch, external display works, but internal display is not displaying
Options

1 Posts

08-25-2016

CA

3 Signins

53 Page Views

• Views: 53
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-08-25, 18:50 PM

Facing the same problem here.  I think the backlight is working but definitely no display.  Occasionally it will boot up (1 out of 10 times) and display the POST/BIOS screen to the internal/attached swivel screen, and then I know it will boot up completely, but if the POST screen doesn't appear, I know that the Windows screen will not show up.  The POST/BIOS screen NEVER shows up on an external monitor attached via mini-HDMI, but the Windows boot screen ALWAYS appears on every attempt.  Removing the hard drive gave a similar result, 1 out of 10 times displaying the BIOS screen, but obviously never booting to Windows.   This seems to indicate that either the motherboard is bad.  I thought it might be a connection, but the screen never seems to cut out or cut in no matter how much I twist or bang the computer.  Any suggestions?  If I can't fix this, I figure I have a junker since it will likely cost the same to repair as to purchase a new one.  Help?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete