Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

01-03-2014

Sweden

15 Signins

104 Page Views

• Views: 104
  • Message 1 of 14

Thinkpad YOGA touchpad loud clicking noise.

2014-01-03, 16:28 PM

I am quite happy with my Yoga and sensitivity of my touchpad, however the clicking sound is ridiculous, it is very loud and can be heard in the next room :) Someone already uploded a video showing it: http://youtu.be/XPJ7D96EAY8

I have tried new T440p, it has the same type of touchpad, but it is much much smoother and quiter.

Options

1091 Posts

09-24-2013

Bangalore

558 Signins

43656 Page Views

• Views: 43656
  • Message 2 of 14

Re: Thinkpad YOGA touchpad loud clicking noise.

2014-01-06, 7:29 AM

Hi Gudvinus,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to hear that you are getting loud clicking noise from the touchpad of your ThinkPad Yoga.

Check if the sound is mechanical from the device itself and not related to the speakers at all.  If it is mechanical, possibly something is loose under the touchpad.

I strongly recommend you to contact our technical support for assistance.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best Regards,

Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

6 Posts

02-12-2009

Victoria, BC, Canada

29 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 3 of 14

2014-02-26, 5:54 AM

I agree with you. I finally received my TPY today. The noise is really loud. I'm not sure that I can put up with it. I don't know what the design team was thinking.

Options

6 Posts

01-03-2014

Sweden

15 Signins

104 Page Views

• Message 4 of 14

2014-02-26, 7:39 AM

Well I learned to deal wit it by not using it :) Instead I use it capabilities: two finger touch = right click, also to scroll down use two fingers as well. By doing that, I almost never have to click.

Options

6 Posts

02-12-2009

Victoria, BC, Canada

29 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 5 of 14

2014-02-26, 18:23 PM
Ive tried to find a way to not use it. I'm a long time trackpoint user though and Lenovo has specifically disabled tap to click when you're using the trackpoint. So frustrated right now. The only reason I buy from Lenovo and don't even consider any other companies is because they have the best trackpoint. Now they've ruined it. If I'm going to be forced to use a touchpad I'm not going to settle for the lousy one in this machine either. When I tap to click the curser jumps around. Ugh. I may have to return to Apple after a 7 year hiatus in Thinpad world.
Options

6 Posts

01-03-2014

Sweden

15 Signins

104 Page Views

• Message 6 of 14

2014-02-26, 21:15 PM

Tried it right now and double click does not work, making trackpoint quite useless on Yoga.

But it looks nice in any case :)

Options

26 Posts

06-14-2012

usa

156 Signins

472 Page Views

• Views: 472
  • Message 7 of 14

2014-05-30, 7:08 AM

Yep, just want to throw in my agreement that the touchpad physical clicks are unusably loud.  Both the upper buttons for the trackpoint and the lower buttons for the trackpad itself.  Lenovo, PLEASE fix this in future versions.  Or in this version.

Options

76 Posts

06-10-2014

Singapore

182 Signins

1109 Page Views

• Views: 1109
  • Message 8 of 14

2014-07-02, 6:15 AM

it is indeed really loud. the buttonless layout also hurts people using the trackpoint (like me). too much force needed, too loud, and frequent accidental left clicks if you right click while having your palm touch the left side of the clickpad.

it's a sign that lenovo is going to forgo the trackpoint soon as introducing the clickpad makes it darn irritating to use the trackpoint.

Options

23 Posts

04-03-2014

Germany

46 Signins

480 Page Views

• Views: 480
  • Message 9 of 14

2014-07-14, 23:57 PM

Same problem here, the clickpad is by far the loudest part on the Yoga and very distracting in conferences/workshops.

Options

5 Posts

08-21-2014

Texas

19 Signins

79 Page Views

• Views: 79
  • Message 10 of 14

2014-08-21, 1:17 AM
Just received my TPY after keeping tabs on the outlet site for months and I'm pretty disappointed. Trackpoint is difficult to use with the integrated buttons on the touchpad. I always disable the touchpad altogether but the ergonomics of the integrated buttons makes the trackpiont useless. The buttons are too spread out and that makes it very difficult for one handed use. I'm here because my button is loud as hell on the depress. After using it for about an hour the right click wouldn't even work, it would just register as a left click.

Thirty minutes into using it, transitionserver.exe started crashing and Chrome kept crashing as soon as that happened as well. A restart wouldnt fix it but windows update plus a restart did.

I really want to love this laptop, I wanted it before it was even released but like others have mentioned the only reason I don't even consider other brands is because of the usable ergonomic trackpoint in previous models. Build quality and other things as well of course.

Will I have to pay for a restocking fee to return this laptop? I have only used it for like an hour. I hoped maybe I could replace it with a better one but it seems like everyone has this issue. I have no idea what laptop I'm going to get now since all modern Thinkpads are like this. When returning this laptop, is it OK for me to erase the hard drive clear before returning it for security purposes?
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms