Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ktb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,209
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 12: Battery life down down to 2 hrs after just 2 months

Hi everyone,

I recently noticed that the battery life of my Thinkpad Yoga 12 has drastically decreased since I bought it two months ago. In the beginning I could get 5 hours of battery easily. Now it's down to 2 hours - in normal office mode.

The long battery life was one of the reasons why I bought it initially - and now it's failing me.

I don't recall having done anything to the battery, hence I am totally clueless as to why the battery life has decreased so severely.

Any suggestions and help highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kai

Guru
Views: 1,192
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 12: Battery life down down to 2 hrs after just 2 months

Find or install the app Lenovo Settings.

Go to Lenovo Settings > Home > Power > click on "Show details"

You will see there the Full Charge Capacity and the Designed Capacity. Tell me these numbers. If these numbers differ a lot your battery was corrupted due to aging related stress or other problems.

You can also try Lenovo Settings > Home > Power > Battery Gauge Reset to try to reset the way your computer measures full capacity, but if you experience 2 hours only this wont help.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

ktb
Paper Tape
Views: 1,162
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, pat_box.

Curiously it worked fine again after a couple of days with only 2 hours battery life. I'm back to the 5 hours without having made any changes.

The only thing I wonder: Why? And will that happen regularly?

Best

Guru
Views: 1,157
Message 4 of 4

It is 3rd party apps that can do that. Like some app that will try to fix your location over and over. Or some app gets bugged and stuck at something that consumes a lot of resources. Like it's trying to load a video and can't so it's doing it over and over on th background. I think you can stop some apps from running in the baclground on the lenovo phones settings. At night, try to put on airplane mode and turn off wifi and turn off location (if those are still on). You will see the phone will consume almost bo battery while you sleep 8 hours. Then do that again with without the airplane mode and with location in and the phone will consume a lot if battery over night. The bottom line is, the phone by itself does not consume a lot of battery, it's usually the screen and apps that run on the bacground and update that will use your battery. You can see in settings what apps consume your battery most and uninstall them if you don't need them.

If the answer is interesting press the star below to give Kudos.

If your question is answered you can click ''accept as solution".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors