Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-30-2016

Des Plaines

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 12 Onenote, notification/task bar, touchscreen keyboard issues.

2016-01-30, 17:51 PM

Hello, 

I recently purchased a Thinkpad Yoga 12 (MP1091PE). I love this laptop since it is a major upgrade from my previous one.

I finally got an opportunity to really use the laptop for all its features the last couple days, after completing all the updates for windows 10 pro and lenovo drivers and BIOs. 

1) OneNote Issue

When I would be using Onenote 2013 to take notes with the pen and drag the document, I would have no issues. Howver, when I put the computer to sleep and wake it up again, the touch features (like zoome and draging) do not work. This is the same for the scrolling gesture with the trackpad. I would have to close one note and re open it to make it work again. 

I have been looking through the forums about this issue, and have not been able to find a fix. Does anyone else have this problem?

2) Notification/Taskbar Issue

When I would touch the screen to activate the touch screen keyboard to type, I would have not issues. After repeating the same task 5-6 times, the notification section would not respond, the icon for the keyborard would disappear. I would then simply rotate the screen to portrait and back to landscape and that would fix the problem. 

I was wondering if there was something I could do to prevent this from happening at all. It is kind of annoying to have to flip the screen to tablet mode, only to rotate the screen to make it work. 

3) Touchscreen keyboard issues

This problem extends a bit more to the lockscreen where I would put the laptop to sleep while in the tablet mode. Once I would turn the computer on again, I would attempt to type my PIN in, but the keyboard does not appear for me to do that. I would have to flip it back to laptop mode to use the physical keyboard (which I LOVE!!!) to type the pin. This appears to be fixed with resetting the computer. 

I would like to get to the root of this problem to be able to use my computer efficiently. 

Thank you for any assistance in this matter, and I look forward to hear from you all about these issues. 

Options

2056 Posts

02-28-2012

Ecuador

1820 Signins

32413 Page Views

• Views: 32413
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 12 Onenote, notification/task bar, touchscreen keyboard issues.

2016-02-02, 14:50 PM

Hi

From what I see you have a Thinkpad Yoga 12 model 20DL. I don't have that model and maybe this is not direcctly focused to your issues, but when I updated to Windows 10 it take me some time to stabilize it.

I can recommend you to check on the drivers of the touchscreen and digiter.

This is your models support site, you can organize the drivers by OS and date so you can be sure to apply the latest:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga-12/20dl?beta=null

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Options

3 Posts

01-30-2016

Des Plaines

6 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 12 Onenote, notification/task bar, touchscreen keyboard issues.

2016-02-04, 17:38 PM

Thanks for the reference. I went through the website and updated the drivers manually as well. I have had no luck. I contacted the Lenovo tech support and they reccomend that I restore the computer to how it was when I first bought it and only attempt to do the lenovo updates without updating windows. If there are no issues with that I would then attempt to update to windows 10 and see if there is a change. I will keep you all posted once I get the restore disc and try that out. 

wrote:

Hi

From what I see you have a Thinkpad Yoga 12 model 20DL. I don't have that model and maybe this is not direcctly focused to your issues, but when I updated to Windows 10 it take me some time to stabilize it.

I can recommend you to check on the drivers of the touchscreen and digiter.

This is your models support site, you can organize the drivers by OS and date so you can be sure to apply the latest:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-yoga-12/20dl?beta=null

Regards

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms