Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

14 Posts

05-05-2015

France

23 Signins

133 Page Views

• Views: 133
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga 12 : conexant audio driver issue on w10

2015-11-02, 11:48 AM

Hello everyone.

Since having installed windows 10 and updating to latest conexant audio driver (8.66.16.50) from windows update, I have once and a while an issue:

After starting the computer, every app that uses audio forces closes, and is unable to playback any audio. Examples: video players (potplayer), audio player (foobar), internet players (shockwave in chrome). The only solution is to reboot the computer.

More often, the computer starts without issue, and then the whole session goes normally with audio playback until shutting off.

I found a windows error message, in the logs, telling that conexant smartaudio service has failed to launch. Indeed, at startup, a service call "conexant smartaudio service" tries to launch Sasrv.exe in system32 and fails, because that same file is located in sysWOW64, not in system32.

An other error found in the logs is about a failing app "C:\WINDOWS\system32\AUDIODG.EXE" and a failing module "C:\WINDOWS\system32\CX64BP16.dll".

Obviously, I already had the audio driver uninstalled, the computer rebooted, the driver reinstalled (same version from lenovo this time), and the computer rebooted. Issue still persists.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms