Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IBMstye
Paper Tape
Views: 1,670
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 14 2-in-1 (20FY0002US) keyboard physically stuck

My new model 20FY0002US Thinkpad Yoga 14 developed a problem with the keyboard. When switching from tablet to laptop screen rotation I heard a CLICK and the right side of the lift-and-lock keyboard got stuck. The button to the right of the delete key remains fully extended no matter the screen rotation and the keys on the right side dont work well. Basically they remain recessed because the interstitial plastic does not retract. Likewise the extended button prevents the screen from closing fully on the right side. Is this something that is fixable for a handy user or should I be returning the laptop to the retailer? Sadly i cannot afford to be without a computer for the time it would likely take to ship it in for repairs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guru
Views: 1,625
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 2-in-1 (20FY0002US) keyboard physically stuck

Hi

I think you should take it to Lenovo for repair, to some Lenovo service center. I know it is not good to be without a laptop but I think it will take some days to repair it.  Open a ticket with Lenovo about it.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

AryanKh
What's DOS?
Views: 701
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 2-in-1 (20FY0002US) keyboard physically stuck

Hey, I have the exact same issue just the opposite side of the laptop. I was wondering what did u end up doing and if u know what was the cause. Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors