Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
takantjas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,541
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) Active Pen not working

Just picked up a new Thinkpad Yoga. Definitely thrilled by the specifications, it seems to be the perfect laptop for me combining dedicated graphics, 2 in 1 capability, and most importantly, a wacom pen. However, upon getting it home, I find the pen doesn't work whatsoever. Curious, I went back to Best Buy and tried the pen on the display model. That one doesn't work either.

Do these have some sort of widespread issue with the digitizer pens not working? Is there any known fix for this?

Guru
Views: 4,515
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 (Whi) Active Pen not working

Hi takantjas. Welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of you machine? for example mine is 20DM008UUS.

Which pen did you get with the Thinkpad Yoga 14?

Regards.

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

takantjas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,491
Message 3 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) Active Pen not working

Full model number is 20FY0002US. This is the one that comes with the pen integrated into the body of the laptop.
takantjas
Paper Tape
Views: 4,453
Message 4 of 7

Did some troubleshooting on my own. Found out by putting the pen from my computer into a different computer that the pen charging port on my computer is defective. Pen works fine when charged in a different computer.

Was definitely hoping it would be the pen and not the computer itself. Now I just have to decide if this pen is worth not having my computer for however long.

PaulBz
What's DOS?
Views: 2,064
Message 5 of 7

The active pen/stylus is no longer working.  The problem started a few weeks ago.  At first the pen stopped working for a few moments, but adjusting the screen resolved the issue.  It happened time and time again, drivers updates didn't solve the issue, just pressing against the back of the screen.  It's too bad that this is an issue, this feature was the only reason I chose this laptop.  If I knew this was going to be an issue before purchasing I'd of never bought this laptop.  If the repair costs are greater than an upgrade to a cintiq, the computer is basically bricked.  I agree with Airboatusa, it's too bad Lenovo's quality has gone down, and the product only lasts a couple of years.

Guru
Views: 2,049
Message 6 of 7

Hi Airboatusa

Remember that this forum is moderated and it is get help from other users, not just to "RAGE UP" against everything.

If you only want to "RAGE" I suggest you open a your own blog and youtube and put pictures, videos, etc.

If you want help, open a formal ticket to Lenovo. https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Guru
Views: 2,048
Message 7 of 7

Hi PaulBz

Is your model the one that cames with the pen that fits on the laptop case?

IMG_9897 v5.jpg

From L to R: ThinkPad Pen Pro 3, ThinkPad Pen Pro 2, ThinkPad Tablet 10 Pen, Lenovo Digitizer Pen, ThinkPad Pen Pro/ Active Pen

The Pen Pro 3 and Pen Pro 2 has some dissavantage. Sometimes the brass connectors does not connect on the casing and you may have a discharing pen.

You can try to press the pen against the casing to see if it is charging correctly. Some guys even put a piece of papper there to make some preassure.

The other alternative is to get a different active Pen like the Thinpad Pen Pro. It has to be active (with battery inside).

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale