cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrossFadeMX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,749
Message 1 of 7

Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) -Cannot Auto-Rotate, Missing in Action Center - WIndows 10

I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on my Thinkpad Yoga 14. I've attempted to install all of the drivers that I could. The only thing missing for the laptop is that I cannot get it to auto-rotate when in tablet mode. The auto-rotate setting is missing from the action center and going into display settings doesn't have any option to allow auto-rotation. I've also tried enabling the Sensor, the Sensor Monitoring service and the Sensor Data Service with no luck. What are the requirements to get this working?

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 1,693
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) -Cannot Auto-Rotate, Missing in Action Center - WIndows 10

Hi

You are missing the action center? first time I hear about that, but I found this on some other source. 

I will also check it when I have some more time.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Guru
Views: 1,687
Message 3 of 7

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) -Cannot Auto-Rotate, Missing in Action Center - WIndows 10

Hi.

Check out the support page of your Thinkpad Yoga 14 model. It is always good to update the BIOS just in case.

I'm not sure which should be the driver that is involved with the "Auto Rotate" functions. I have TP Yoga 14 but a different model (20DM008UUS). Here it is what I think it is the driver that recognize the Autorotate. (I may be wrong, corrections are welcome)

2016-04-23 18_53_11- DRV.png

I think it can be good for your to install Lenovo Settings  and  the "ThinkPad Settings Dependency for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) ".

And always try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

Let me know if it helps.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

CrossFadeMX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,690
Message 4 of 7

I finally got it working. After some intense searching, I found the driver I needed to install. It ended up being the Intel Integrated Sensor Solution. Installing the package made it work as well as added a "Sensors" section in device manager with the HID Sensor drivers.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds112057

It's weird that the driver doesn't show in the ThinkPad Yoga 14's drivers page.
LtCasual
Paper Tape
Views: 1,489
Message 5 of 7

I don't know how you figured out that was the missing package, but it worked for my system as well.  Thanks!!

dbl_d
Fanfold Paper
Views: 507
Message 6 of 7

Unfortunately, this did not work for me, and it did not add a sensors section in Device manager.

dbl_d
Fanfold Paper
Views: 483
Message 7 of 7

Thinkpad Yoga 14 (Type 20DM, 20DN) Laptop IMPORTANT Windows 10 News -- DON'T UPGRADE

If you want to save yourself a LOT of time and headaches, please note that I just spoke to a very nice Lenovo support person.  THIS MACHINE CANNOT BE UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10. IT MUST STAY ON WINDOWS 8.1 Forever.  So in spite of what the Lenovo page regarding which systems are eligible for Windows 10 updates says (it says that this model can upgrade to Windows 10), DO NOT UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10!!!!

The keyboard on the laptop no longer functioned.  I got that working by deleting the synaptics driver, however the touchpad stopped working.  The rotation no longer worked either, and I could not get that working.

So, if you want your Thinpad Yoga 14 to function like a laptop, and a Yoga I repeat (it is worth repeating again) DO NOT UPDATE TO WINDOWS 10.  IT MUST STAY ON WINDOWS 8.1 FOREVER.  THIS IS PER LENOVO SUPPORT!

If I save one person the amount of time that I spent researching the problems that ensued from the upgrade, as well as hours on with Microsoft support, it is worth the time to do this post!

Top Kudoed Authors