Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scribbler
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) High CPU Use From Touchpad Software

I am running the latest drivers from Lenovo's website and I have noticed that after a while (possibly after putting my computer to sleep and waking it up again), the ETD Control Center (which must be running in order to have full touchpad functionality) will constantly use ~30% CPU. This obviously impacts battery life, but it also makes my laptop produce more heat and noise than it would otherwise, while running slower. It is undesirable behavior. I have already tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, running the older version, or running the newer version. Nothing helps. Whenever this software is running, it does not take long before it is thrashing my CPU. Currently I am running the latest version of the software that is available on Lenovo's website, and I have updated everything possible using Lenovo's update software. I am running windows 10 and have the Elan touchpad drivers installed. [screenshot below]

ETD Control Center.PNGETD Control Center ~30% Constant CPU use

Has anyone else had this problem with the elan touchpad/windows 10 combination? If so, what is the resolution? Thanks for your help!

scribbler
Paper Tape
Views: 564
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) High CPU Use From Touchpad Software

I am posting to report that this is still an issue for me. I have tried both uninstalling all touchpad software and then installing the update, and I have tried installing the old software and then installing the update. Neither option resolves this issue while preserving full functionality.

farbeach
What's DOS?
Views: 146
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 (20FY) High CPU Use From Touchpad Software

I have the same problem. Hope there's a solution.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors