Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canaanav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 777
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga 14 One Link Dock Pro always disconnects and resets

The One Link Pro dock intermittently drops off then is immediately redected by windows and installed.  I am running Windows 10 and drivers and firmware for the One Link, the intel on the machine and for windows have been updated.  No effect.  I have two monitors and a keyboard connected to the Onelink, that is all.  When the OneLink dropps off the video on the monitors stays with no issues, but the audio and the internet connection are reset and come back after Windows detects the dock again.

canaanav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 705
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 One Link Dock Pro always disconnects and resets

I did find a newer BIOS update.  I updated to the latest, still not fixed.

canaanav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 656
Message 3 of 5

Note, I disabled the ThinkPad OneLink Pro Dock Giga Ethernet in the device manager, but still no fix. Intermittently drops the dock, then re-acquires.
canaanav
Fanfold Paper
Views: 584
Message 4 of 5

Update:  I ditched the One Link Pro and bought an Ultra Link (USB 3.0 Dock).  I had the same exact issue still, which really lead me to think it was USB related.  The network would flap, the displays would flicker and the device would get rediscovered every so often.  There is something wrong with the Intel eXtensibility Host Controller for the 4th Gen i5 CPU.    The Intel Management Engine fails to install version 11.0, and my machine is stuck with version 9.5.23.17, so I think I may be missing an update to those base drivers (I may even be missing out on a BIOS update).  The Intel Management Engine update failure is  Error 8743, meaning it's not matched to the Thinkpad Yoga 14.  That said, EVERYBODY seems to have an issue with that update for those with the Yoga 14 20DM models at least. 

>>>>>The fix that has worked for me thus far is to simply restart, go into the BIOS, and disable the USB 3.0 altogether.  The Ultra Dock seems to be happy running in USB 2.0 mode, and I will verify that the one link works as well once my blood pressure goes down.  You will notice that the Intel eXtensibility Host Controller is no longer in the Divice Manager when the USB 3.0 is disabled.  This leads me to believe that this is the issue.  Lenovo and Windows failed to properly hand off the driver when Windows 8.1 was upgraded to 10.  Under 8.1 the driver was owned by Intel, managed by Lenovo, then under Windows 10 it seems to be a version 1.0 Windows component (that is flakey).  Boo.

meowfoy
What's DOS?
Views: 112
Message 5 of 5

I do recognize this an a old post. Still I wanted to thank you for posting your experience and steps. I've been aggravated by this issue for years as well. I check the forums periodically to see if anyone ever found a solution, but even now it appears it has never been addressed by Lenovo. I guess at this point Lenovo and Intel just figure we've all moved on or given up.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors