Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (1,963 Views)

Thinkpad Yoga 14 Photoshop Brush Lag

I've recently ordered the thinkpda yoga 14, running on Windows 10 with the digitizer pen and installed my copy of Photoshop CS2. Photoshop itself works fine, I can draw and edit, and I've got pen pressure sensitivity.

The only issue is that whenever I try to draw specifically with the digitizer pen it always lags after a couple seconds. No matter how big or small the canvas, or what brush size I use after about 2 seconds of drawing the same stroke the fans kick in, the brush starts to lag behind and the whole computer slows down. If I continue to draw the same stroke for longer than 5-10 seconds my computer will freeze and, depending on how long I hold down that same stroke, can take up to 5 minutes to un-freeze. 

Now I thought this just might be a wacom driver thing, so I uninstalled the drivers that come with the laptop and installed the Wacom Feel drivers for tablet PCs but still no go. I trolled through various wacom and lenovo forums and tried changing the photoshop cache, RAM memory allotment, removing ripple/animation effects, switching off finger input, turning off and disabling Tablet input service and more and nothing seems to work. Oddly enough, when I tried to switch off the press and hold right-click feature on the pen, photoshop completely freezes up and won't let me draw anything with the pen. 

Now, I know Photoshop CS2 works on Windows 10 and Lenovo laptops because I updated my previous lenovo thinkpad laptop (an X220T) and Photoshop works fine. So it must be the laptop or some hidden driver screwing with the pen? 

Guru
Message 2 of 5 (1,934 Views)

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 Photoshop Brush Lag

Hi

Can you specify your TPY 14 full version and you pen part number.

I have a the TPY 14 (20DM008UUS ) and  a Thinkpad Pen Pro (4X80H34887). I haven't got time to fully test the pen. I tried some tests with Inkscape and configuring the pen on that tool and I also found a delay. But I still don't have enought time to try out more about it.

Why don't you try other Pen application like:

- Bamboo Page

- Bamboo Paper

I'm trying to find out more pen related apps to test the pen.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Guru
Message 3 of 5 (1,933 Views)

Hi

I recently tried Gimp to test some brushing.... The pen worked fine on my case without delay. I tried some lines with different preassuare and worked fine.

For some reasson I can not make Inkscape work fine with the pen now.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 5 (1,928 Views)

I have a TY14 (20DM009GUS) with Windows 10, Intel Core i5, 8GB and NVIDIA graphics and the Thinkpad Pen Pro (4X80H34887)

I've reverted back to the original wacom drivers installed on the laptop and tried disabling both the tablet input service and the wacom tablet ISD service but I still get lag when drawing in photoshop, oddly with both pen and touch input. If i just draw with the mouse/touch pad/track point everything is fine and there's no lag.

I've tried using bamboo page but it kept crashing after about a minute so I couldn't really test anything. However I did try MS paint and Microsoft OneNote and they both work fine, no brush lag.

Tomorrow I'm gonna try and delete all the preloaded lenovo-wacom drivers and install the Wacom FEEL driver again. See if it might work this time :d
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 5 (1,863 Views)

I've done a couple things and I've read around a bit. I reinstalled CS2 multiple times with various compatibility modes but still lag. I downloaded the trial version of Photoshop CC and no lag there with nice pen pressure and tapering.

I have read around and I found one forum over at adobe where there are a lot of people with various issues in photoshop, illustrator and so on (I think most of them are on the new Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460). One guy did contact wacom and apparently they're gonna come out with a new driver update some time in the next week or so. There may still be hope.
Top kudoed Authors