Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zella
What's DOS?
Views: 3,665
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 14 Wifi Slow

Just picked a up TPYoga 14 and very happy with the laptop except for the Wifi.  I compared it to a 2 year old i3 hp and the speeds were half as fast.  40mbps vs 20 Mbps.  Any suggestions to speed up the wifi.  Thanks mucho.

bulldogfan001
What's DOS?
Views: 3,598
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 Wifi Slow

Mine had the same problem. I exchanged the one purchased in BestBuy during thanksgiving for another one and still got quite slow wifi speed. i normally get 10-20M donwload speed on all other laptops/smart phones tested by speedtest.net, however the yoga 14 would give me 1-2M only.  

I am returning this to Bestbuy today. But i will purchase another one when this issue gets fixed. I do like the spec the yoga 14 provides.

Zella
What's DOS?
Views: 3,594
Message 3 of 4

Was just about to return mine and found a fix noted on another Forum. Went into advanced settings for the wifi adapter through device manager. Disabled the U-APSD. Voila. Now I'm getting speeds around 60Mbps from 20.

Glad this worked because love the other specs esp the build, keyboard, track pad, and screen.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

bulldogfan001
What's DOS?
Views: 3,587
Message 4 of 4

Wow buddy you rock! I was parking in front of bestbuy and about to return when this email of notification popped up in in my cell phone. I then turned back home and disabled the u-aped

Now my wifi is running at the full speed!!! Thanks a lot! Just wonder why this was not disabled in the first place.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors