Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sxz
Paper Tape
Views: 735
Message 1 of 6

Thinkpad Yoga 14 - battery not detected after Win10 update of "new features"

Hope someone have seen this and found a way of fixing it.

The Thinkpad Yoga 14 was bought new from BestBuy, with Windows 10 already installed. A few days ago, after I finally allow Windows 10 to install the "update", the battery started to "disappear", ie the power icon has a "X" and with a message "No battery is detected". The battery driver has a June 21 date, a months after the purchase. So this must be the driver brought in by the Win10 update (note: this is not from Win7, Win8 etc to Win10, but an update of Win10).

Removing and reinstalling battery driver did not fix the problem as the same driver is installed again. I also cannot roll back the version as Windows does not show any previous version. I also cannot "restore" as Windows does not actually restore the system: Windows shows the update still installed even after it was "restored" to a state prior to the "update".

I also tried to install Lenovo's new power management driver. No help either. 

Any suggestions, other than to returning the computer? This is for my son. He'll start his school right now! Thanks!

Guru
Views: 694
Message 2 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 - battery not detected after Win10 update of "new features"

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of your computer? Maybe it is something long like "20DM008UUS", check out some instructions to find your model number here.

Based on the model number I would try some BIOS and some driver updates. Is the battery showing on in some way on the Window Device Manager?

Just in to check out something, can you try "Lenovo Settings"  and see what it reports about the battery too?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

sxz
Paper Tape
Views: 685
Message 3 of 6

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 - battery not detected after Win10 update of "new features"

Thanks!

The model type is "Yoga 14" (on a label next to keyboard). The machine type is "20FY-0002US", on sticker on bottom cover.

Yes, a "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" does show up in device manager, but it is always there whether the power icon reports the battery is detected or not. If I review its properties, it reports in its "Events" tab that "Device migrated", configured and then started on Aug 28, when I installed Window 10's update. The problem also then started.

As to Lenovo settings: it alternates between reporting battery in good condition and fully charged and stating that no battry is installed. I'll try next if I can upload the screen capture.

sxz
Paper Tape
Views: 684
Message 4 of 6

Lenovo setting's report when battery is not "detected":

NoDetection.jpg

Lenovo setting's report when battery is detected and everything is normal:

Detected.jpg

sxz
Paper Tape
Views: 682
Message 5 of 6

Also just saw this: not installed but in good condition!

NotInstalled.jpg

Robatillo
What's DOS?
Views: 208
Message 6 of 6

Hi, 

I have the same problem with regards to your Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 14.  Pls. show us how to solve this problem. 

Many Thanks in advance,

Robert

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors