Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sooshigee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,304
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 14 battery "plugged in, not charging" issue

Hello,

My recently bought Thinkpad Yoga 14 recently had this strange problem going on. The battery goes down, even when the AC cord is plugged in. The battery message says "plugged in, not charging". What exactly is the problem, and how do I fix it? The laptop came with Windows 10. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Not charging.jpgNot charging2.jpg

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,285
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 battery "plugged in, not charging" issue

It isn't a problem.  The battery has a nearly full charge, so the charging turns off so as not to "cook" the battery.  If you unplug the battery and let it run down a while, then plug it in, it will charge.  I tend not to charge mine until it gets under about 70%.  A Lithium battery slowly degrades after a certain number of charges.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Highlighted
Sooshigee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,260
Message 3 of 4

I see, I'm glad it's not a problem then! So in order for it to start charging again I have to unplug it? It won't recharge unless I unplug and plug in again? Can't I just leave it plugged in? 

jedidiah012
What's DOS?
Views: 3,370
Message 4 of 4

I have the same message, "plugged in, not charging", but I'm at 48%. I disabled the battery charge threshold, but it still will not charge. Any thing else I can try?  The computer is only a couple months old, and battery is listed as "good".

Thank you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors