Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RalpH_himself
What's DOS?
Views: 292
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga 14 external screen problem: only 1280x720 after windows 10 update

Hi

I updated Windows 10, and now my external screen only displays 1280x720 pixels instead of 1920x1200. I cannot add this as a custom resolution in the intel driver, because there is "not enough bandwidth". This is the case if I connect it with the HDMI output on the laptop as well as the HDMI output on the OneLink Dock.

I installed all the newest graphics drivers, didn't help. Any other solutions?

Guru
Views: 234
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 external screen problem: only 1280x720 after windows 10 update

Hi

Can you give more details of you issue?

You have the TP Yoga 14, connected to a Onelink Dock (is the ThinkPad OneLink or the OneLink+ dock ? ) and connected to a monitor (Can you share the monitor model?).

- Where do you get the "not enough bandwidth" error ? When you try to change the resolution of the display on Windows?

- Which Windows update did you applied? Can you run "winver" and see the version?

Just in case, can you check some other cables, adapter, and maybe some other monitor (or TV) arround to see if it produces different results?. I had noticed on the display forums that different HDMI cables and adapters produced different results sometimes.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors