cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ikyn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 770
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga 14 - keyboard backlight WILL NOT TURN ON (Fn+Space doesn't work)

Hey everyone,

Recently bought this laptop. Loving everything about it. However, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 (it wasn't an upgrade from Win8.1, but rather a new install of Win10 after I replaced the harddrive to a 1TB SSD).

Since then I've reinstalled everything I could get from the site. Every Lenovo driver set and utility. Updated the BIOS. Consulted the Solution Center. Ran scans from the utilities and the site. I've literally tried EVERYTHING that's obvious, and I can't get the backlight to come on at all. When I first received the laptop with the old harddrive, the backlight worked just fine. Since I put in the new SSD with a fresh install, I cannot for the life of me get it to turn on. Pressing Fn+SPACE gets it to show the little icon on screen that it's SUPPOSED to be turned on, but it isn't on. So I'm at a loss here. I sincerely doubt it's a hardware issue, because literally the only thing that's changed is the harddrive.

If there's a specific driver for the keyboard backlight, I'd love to know about it.

Thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 714
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 - keyboard backlight WILL NOT TURN ON (Fn+Space doesn't work)

Hi. welcome to the forum.

Do you want to try out something just to check that the keyboard light is working?

I have a TP Yoga 14 here and when I access the BIOS the keyboard lights up when I press "FN+Space", give it a try if it works for you.

I do not know if it requires an special driver, but I'm using the Windows 10 that was updated over the Win8.1 that came included.

The other things that cames to my mind is trying to boot other OS from the USB and see if the keyboard lights up.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors