Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richfei
Token Ring
Views: 333
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga 14 random reboots and keyboard shutdown

I have a Yoga Thinkpad 14 which was purchased on Jan 6 2016 from Lenovo. So the thinkpad is still under warranty. Lately, I have been experiencing random shutdowns and keyboard lockups. I am just browsing as normal. This used to be fine but not is problematic. I'm receiving 3-4 shutdowns a day. The battery is fully powered and it doesn't matter if the power cord is attached or not. It's not a sleep issue or lid closing issue. It just happens to lockup or shutdown and I don't know when it will do it. I ran the LSC diagnostics and everything was fine. No error codes. I think this might be a hardware issue as no new software or hardware has been loaded and it's been ok for 6 months until now. I can submit a service request but before I do that, are there any suggestions ?

kjizzle15
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 random reboots and keyboard shutdown

Did you ever figure what the issue was and resolve it? I've been having the same issue lately. Please help

richfei
Token Ring
Views: 251
Message 3 of 5

The laptop was still in warranty so I sent it in a week ago. I got it back yesterday. They replaced the system board and reimaged the drive to stock. So far it looks ok

kjizzle15
Paper Tape
Views: 248
Message 4 of 5

I see. So I take it they didn't address the issue with you directly? But thank you so much, for the quick respone!

@richfei wrote:

The laptop was still in warranty so I sent it in a week ago. I got it back yesterday. They replaced the system board and reimaged the drive to stock. So far it looks ok

richfei
Token Ring
Views: 246
Message 5 of 5

The problem was that it was intermittent. I couldn't replicate it on demand myself. They had the laptop for one day. They ran a huge list of diagnostics and nothing came up. So I think it was more expedient for them to replace the board. I can't blame them for not isolating the issue. I sent the laptop in on Tuesday. Got it back Friday. So if yours is still in warranty, I would go down that route. However more than likely they will return the drive to stock. So I did have to copy all my data off in advance. Easy enough to do with a hard drive dock

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors