Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: S Series, ThinkPad Yoga and Twist Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-26-2014

United States

13 Signins

48 Page Views

• Views: 48
  • Message 1 of 1

Thinkpad Yoga 14 screen is terrible when using a capacitive stylus...

2014-10-26, 22:29 PM

I just purchased a Thinkpad Yoga 14 (which was just released today), and I have to say, I am rather disappointed. After finding out there is no active digitizer, I thought I would be able to just use a capacitive stylus to take notes (the type of stylus with a rubber tip at the end). Well, turns out that it is terrible when it comes to detecting input from a capacitive stylus (trust me, I've tried them all). The main issue that I am running into with the capacitive stylus is when it comes to writing, where the screen doesn't recognize the stylus for a split second and will actually seem like it is skipping. Here is a picture to try and show what I am talking about. http://imgur.com/JlWSoUh.jpg

Another issue I just ran into is I am having a very hard time trying to wake it from sleep, where I try to open up the screen but all it is displaying is black. I usually have to close the laptop, wait for a minute or so, then open it up again. Very annoying.

There is also noticeable lag when scrolling using 2 finger scrolling. It's nothing compared to the Macbook lineup, where touchpad scrolling seems to be flawless. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms