cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pawbla
Paper Tape
Views: 1,490
Message 1 of 4

Thinkpad Yoga 14 - touchscreen not working?

Hello,

I recently purchased a refurbished Thinkpad Yoga 14. The touchscreen has never worked, so I'm wondering if there's any driver I'm missing? What is the driver for that?

Thanks!

Guru
Views: 1,473
Message 2 of 4

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 14 - touchscreen not working?

Hi, Welcome to the forums.

Can you please post the full model number of you Thinkpad Yoga?

In my case my TP Y 14 has a Wacom based touch screen. Check out the Windows device manager to see if you find it something that is missing a driver.

I also recommend for you to check out and update any drivers. Let me know your model and we will look for the support page with the drivers.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Pawbla
Paper Tape
Views: 1,467
Message 3 of 4

Hello, thanks a lot!

My model is 20DM type (I can't read properly the product ID, but it looks like 20DMX006US? The place I bought it from said 20DM009GUS).

I'm not seeing anything missing a driver (nor anything Wacom-related). Which section should it be under? Maybe mine doesn't have one? But I thought it did.

I've updated every driver and used the Lenovo app thing for updating them.

Thanks a lot!

Guru
Views: 1,435
Message 4 of 4

Hi

You can use some freeware tool like HWInfo to check the exactly model of your computer.

Here it is sample of how my looks like.

2016-05-13 09_57_12-New notification.png

Here it is how Windows recognize the touchscreen: 2016-05-13 10_08_37-Start.png

Do you want to give it a try updating some of the drivers first ?

Here are my general tips on how updating the drivers. You are using Windows 10, right?

1) Try first Windows Update and update all the drivers and Patches

2) Try Lenovo System Update to get any new/missing drivers.

3) Try to install Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion from the Windows App Store, Lenovo Companion also has a "update driver search"

4) Sometimes all that software does not recognize some updated / missing driver. Check Lenovo's Support Site and search for your specific model drivers (use the full model number of your Thinkpad).

After that:

5) You may want to give it a try to the "Wacom Feel Driver", but I'm not sure if your model number has some Wacom devices on it, but I guess it can do no harm. 

If you have more experience installing and uninstalling driver, there are some other things you can do, but those options os AS IS outside Lenovo's suggestion.

1) There is DriverEasy that offers a decent for free scanning of your device and shows you which drivers can be updated from their database.

If after doing this driver update, you can not find a way to make your TouchScreen working I would be thinking that it is more of a hardware issue. But lets give it a try updating some of the drivers and see if we get some progress. 

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals