Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zacdos
Paper Tape
Views: 1,116
Message 1 of 5

Thinkpad Yoga 15 Battery

Hello,

I was contemplating between the Thinkpad Yoga 14 and the Thinkpad Yoga 15. They both seem like solid choices, but the main deciding factor would be the battery life. I don't know, from the information provided, the difference in the batteries that are included. If they are the same, I would assume the Yoga 14 has a longer life. Does anyone have the Yoga 15 and would like to share their experience with the battery life? 

Thank you very much

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,092
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 15 Battery

Actually the batteries are not the same.  Although both systems use an internal battery, the ThinkPad Yoga 15 has a bigger battery that has approx 20% more capacity.  But the ThinkPad Yoga 15 also has a larger screen which uses slightly more power.  Everything else being equal, my experience is that the Yoga 15 has better battery life simply due to the larger battery.  

zacdos
Paper Tape
Views: 1,083
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply (: 

May I ask how long would your battery last with just casual internet browsing and near-minimal brightness?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,029
Message 4 of 5

On my Yoga 15, I can get around 9-10 hours with near-minimal brightness and watching youtube videos in IE.  Note that my system has SSD so if you go with an HDD model you can expect battery life to be less.

If long battery life is your most important consideration, have you thought about ThinkPad T450 or T550?  These systems have 2 batteries (one internal and one removable).  If you go with the extended removable battery (68+) then you can get well over 12 hours.

kevinmmorse
Paper Tape
Views: 728
Message 5 of 5

I have the Yoga 15 for about 5 weeks and I can't get the power options to work correctly.  The computer won't sleep or hibernate.  So when pulling the laptop out of my briefcase in the morning the batter is always dead.   I've checked to make sure I had the most recent bios version and played with a various power options settings all to no avail; i.e. sleep when lid is shut, hibernate when lid is shut, manually sleeping computer before closing the lid.  None seem to work.  The battery is always dead the next morning.  It won't sleep or hibernate.  The battery strength is good because I can use the laptop for several hours on battery power.

ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS...VERY FRUSTRATING.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors