Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonaldVanLoon
Not applicable
Views: 203
Message 1 of 2

Thinkpad Yoga 15 - Internal Display black, only output on external HDMI

My Thinkpad Yoga 15 has a problem, which may or may not be related to the BIOS update recently performed.

When booting, the bootup screen only appears on an external monitor via the HDMI output. When performing the hardware tests in the BIOS, tests are done on the HDMI-connected display, the internal display does not seem to be recognized. I verified this using both Linux and Windows.

It does not seem to be a hardware failure; I have been able to get the display on the internal LCD a few times, by powering down the laptop, holding the power button for about 20 seconds, then powering back on while pressing F1. The laptop will then function for a while, but loses its display after coming out of sleep.

Needless to say, this is unworkable.

Does anyone have any tips on how this could be fixed in a more permanent fashion or any indication to cause? BIOS does not allow me to turn off NVIDIA, or its opposite, to enable it exclusively. I also tried different drivers, from both Lenovo as well as NVIDIA and Intel, but to no avail.

Any pointers appreciated.

RonaldVanLoon
Not applicable
Views: 168
Message 2 of 2

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 15 - Internal Display black, only output on external HDMI

As a follow-up to my earlier message:

- it seems to be related to the sleep state. When coming back after resuming from sleep (either regular or deep), the knowledge of the internal LCD is gone. 

- sometimes it comes back after a few reboots, but disappears again, as mentioned.

Firmware? Hardware? Middleware?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors