cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjrtoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 317
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 15 shuts down when I remove charger.

The device shows 99% battery life, Companion shows the battery in good condition, but when I remove the charger, the laptop instantly shuts off.  I tried to reset the battery gauge in hopes that it would fix the problem when I removed the charger, but nope, just shuts down instantly.

Hoping one of you has an idea to try, otherwise it's going to be a long week next week having to stay plugged in while this gets figured out.

Guru
Views: 294
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 15 shuts down when I remove charger.

Hi

Can you share the Thinkpad Yoga 15 full model number and the Windows version you are using?

I have one question, when it is turned off and not attached to the charger. Does it turn on and boot normaly? Does it detects the batery charged and let you use it until it discharge?

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic" 
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Kudos" for Ego Boost !!

mjrtoo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 287
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 15 shuts down when I remove charger.

Hi Martin, thank you for your reply.  I submitted a ticket to Lenovo but I tired of waiting for someone to get back to me, and figured it was something stupid, and it was.

I didn't really want to open it up, but I did because I really needed to work with it untethered today.  Turns out that the battery connection was barely making contact, I reseated the connector fully and now everything is working well again.  Although, I'm still getting only a 99% charge, but I'm not too worried about that.

To answer your questions though, it's the 20DQ001LUS,and I installed Windows 10 on it.

No, the problem was it never ran on battery at all, but it did sense that it was conencted and charging the battery indicator showed up and everything.  If you unplugged the laptop, it just died.

So, glad I opened it up to fix this stupid problem, hopefully didn't void my warranty because of it, I wouldn't expect so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors