Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebaur10
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 1 of 3

Thinkpad Yoga 2 Keeps going to Boot Menu/App Menu Screen

Hi all.  A few days ago the power ran down on my yoga to where it turned off while I was working.  I plugged in the power cord and powered the machine up again.  It only goes to this Boot Menu/App Menu screen.  I can get to the Startup Interrupt Menu by pressing enter.  From there I can enter the BIOS Utility, but am lost inside there.  There are 3 other options from the interrupt menu.  ESC = resume normal startup (takes me back to boot menu screen); F10= to diagnose hardward (ran full diganoses and everything passed); and F12=to choose a temporary startup device (takes me also back to boot menu).   The only thing that has changed on my computer is that I installed windows 10 last week.  It ran perfectly for 3 days, and only when the power ran down did this happen.  Would very much appreciate any guidance here.  Thanks! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 689
Message 2 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 2 Keeps going to Boot Menu/App Menu Screen

When you run diagnostics, is the disk sensed?  If yes, it sounds like the disk was corrupted when it shut off

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
ebaur10
Paper Tape
Views: 678
Message 3 of 3

Re: Thinkpad Yoga 2 Keeps going to Boot Menu/App Menu Screen

Thank you for your response. 

Wow... the Drive Self-Test comes up with "NOT APPLICABLE".   My guess is something with windows 10 installation screwed this up?  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors